{ 34 } Hesitation

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

She was fiery, smart, ruthless— but despite everything, she was caring. She was not the kind of person that hurt people, so maybe she wasn't as ruthless as she thought  "

 She was not the kind of person that hurt people, so maybe she wasn't as ruthless as she thought  "

    "Where is he," Bellamy growls, the three of us storming into the dropship. His hands are clenched tightly around the gun, and by now I've drawn my sword, the sunlight glinting off it.

A group surrounds him, mostly made up of trust worthy people. They part slightly, allowing just enough room for us to get a good look at Murphy.

He's curled up in a corner, beaten and bloodied, no inch of him free of the red substance. He wreaks of blood, shaking. Murphy looked weak, just like he always has been.

I feel no pity. He got what he deserved.

I clench my jaw, no one knowing what to say. My hand tightens around the hilt, I can see his eyes flit between my sword and Bellamy's gun.

    "Everyone but Connor and Derek out," Bellamy orders, Clarke Finn and I disregarding that.  They hesitate, wanting to hear what Murphy's fate is. "Now!" He barks, and by now they start to filter out, everyone afraid of the look on his face.

    "Has he said anything?" I ask Derek, turning towards the blonde with shaggy hair. He nods.

    "He claims he was with the grounders," Derek answers, and I look back down at Murphy, that part seemingly obvious.

    "We caught him trying to sneak back into camp," Connor elaborates, and I scowl, looking down at his frail figure. Murphy was one person I considered banishing him the only type of forgiveness he'd get from me. Now, he wouldn't be as lucky.

    "I believe we made it clear what would happen if you ever came crawling back," I seethe through clenched teeth, flipping the sword in my hands.

Murphy narrows his eyes at me. "I was running from the grounders. And it's not like you'd actually kill me," His voice shakes, the hatred in his eyes evident. I take a step closer, pushing the tip of the sword to his throat, just enough to see a spot of blood erupt from his neck.

"Want to bet?" My breathing is ragged, making me realizing that I need to calm down. I can't let myself become overly angry, or I won't think straight. Murphy looks like he's about to spit in my face, so I back away instinctively, Finn shaking his head at me as if he were disappointed. Which he probably    was— Earth had changed me in a way that couldn't be good.

     "Anyone see grounders?" Bellamy asks, making me look over my shoulder at them again, snapping me out of my revenge fantasy.

Connor shakes his head again.

I sigh, holding up the sword in my hands. "Well then," I grit my teeth, preparing myself. "Bye Murphy," I snarl, arching my arm back to swing the sword across his chest just how Lincoln had once shown me. Pure terror flashes across his beaten face, and I hesitate a bit, knowing Murphy was still a human. He made mistakes like the rest of us, yet, we made it clear what would happen. My arm stops mid-air, and I grit my teeth trying to overcome the stupid part of me that thinks Murphy deserves forgiveness. He grins at me, as if he knew I couldn't do it. And he did, rubbing it in my face, saying I was weak for it. Maybe I am.