{ 51 } Blast Off

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

" we must risk going to far to discover just how far we can go  "

    "Finn, there's not one scout. You and I both know that!" I interject, pushing both palms against my temples. I was beginning to loose my patience, seeing as we would've been better off staying here after all. Drew wouldn't be dead.

"Clarke, we can still do this," Octavia pants, exhausted from the hike back here. I cast a sideways glance at her, wondering if she knew as much about the clan as she let on.

I turn my head towards Clarke. "Waiting on you, Blondie," My mouth forms a thin line as a result of the tension that fills the air. From beside me, Bellamy along with Finn and Octavia all look up towards Clarke. It was clear what the four of us wanted to do. It was two against two, and Clarke would overrule.

"What's it going to be? Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back," Bellamy verbalized both opposite outcomes. I take note of the large group behind us, all awaiting their fate. Fear spikes in me, afraid that if we wait too long to prepare for whatever Clarke decides, the grounders will be even closer.

Clarke turns out towards the walls, surveying the woods before jumping down off the post. Finn catches her arm, mumbling some inaudible words from where I stand. He glances at me, surprise in his eyes. I guess he thought I would always take his side. But not in this case, not when lives are on the line.

"Lincoln said Scouts. More than one. He said get home before the scouts arrive. Finn, they're already here," Clarke seemingly opposes Finn, and I sigh heavily knowing Clarke finally heard what I had been saying. She turns back to Bellamy and I, who share a look. After all of this, we had been right. And now we will stay and fight, with the walls as protection.

"Looks like you've got your fight," Clarke grimaces at the thought. At her words, my hand automatically goes to the gun at my hip, the cool material finding it's way into my palm.

I always knew there would be a fight. There was never an option of running from it.

It would just keep coming at us.

//\\

    "We've got twenty-five rifles with twenty rounds each, give or take a few," Bellamy informs us, his eyes cast down solemnly. I do the math in my head, eyes closed for concentration.

    "Five hundred rounds of ammo. Ish," I shrug, my gaze flitting to Raven, who lies back reclined slightly. Her pale face was concerning to me, and every time I look at her I feel a jolt run through me. She was dying because she tried to save me.

Bellamy nods, confirming it as Clarke and Finn look to us. We had been working on the details of the battle while they were gone.

    "While you two were gone, we made some improvements. Thanks to Raven and Avalon, the gully's mined," Bellamy looks between Clarke and Finn, Raven wincing. I grimace, remembering how we didn't get it finished. Murphy's fault. I can't do a damn thing with my wrists like this.