{ 45 } I Can Handle Myself

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

" it's like she was drowning, waiting for someone to save her. Until she realized, the only way to be saved— was for her to save herself by swimming  "

 Until she realized, the only way to be saved— was for her to save herself by swimming  "

I walk into the dropship, putting all my attention on the landmines. If I didn't, I think I would blow up at Bellamy any second. Raven, Octavia, Jasper and I were planning on leaving for a search party, but as it turned out, our talents were needed for the landmines. As soon as those were done, we agreed we would find them. We wouldn't abandon them, especially not now when we needed them the most. Screw Bellamy's decision.

My breath hitches in my throat seeing Bellamy in the corner by the battle map, and I purse my lips before quickly ushering over to the ladder. I needed more gunpowder for the mines, Raven had begun running out.

Myles moans from the side, clearly sore. I grit my teeth, the sound all I've been hearing every time I walk in here. The air immediately fills with tension, tension that I just want to avoid.

"Don't you think I want to go after them?" Bellamy's voice rings out as soon as I step onto the first rung. I sigh, looking over my shoulder at him. Guess I can't avoid this one— yet, I always have a hard time avoiding him.

"Almost a dozen hunting parties went out yesterday. They were all accounted for expect for Finn and Clarke. One search party sent out with skilled people would be fine," I insist, my eyes hardening when I see the bruise forming on his cheek. To say the least, I wasn't very happy last night when he forced me to stay in camp.

"If you would think about the risks, you'd get it. They are waiting to pick us off one by one!" Bellamy raises his voice, and I scoff.

"I am thinking that one of the only people that ever gave a damn about me is kidnapped. I'm thinking, I know the grounder's ways meaning I can outsmart them. I'm thinking that you don't give a shit about them because they're not Octavia," I huff, beginning to climb back up the rungs with slight difficulty. Having one arm made it go painfully slow.

Bellamy reaches for my shoulder, and I shrug myself out of it. "Don't touch me," I seethe, my gaze turning cold.

"If I even said yes, you could get yourself killed!" Bellamy's arms stretch outwardly for emphasis, automatically assuming it would be a failure.

I turn back around, my eyes blazing with intensity. "I have a plan. It's safe to assume they're on their way here. Scope out their Scouts and groups, find Clarke, Finn and Monty. Use a signal fire to distract them, because they don't have our tech. Put on my grounder gear, and sneak in and grab them," I cross my arms over my chest, waiting for Bellamy to realize I have put thought into this, and it wasn't just a reckless action. Lincoln taught me some things that proved to be useful.

He looks taken aback, his eyes flashing before returning to normal. "It's still dangerous," Bellamy counters, and I roll my eyes.

"See Charming, we've never been safe down here. You're not the only one who can make a damn good plan," I scowl before finally climbing up the ladder, ignoring Bellamy's protests.