{ 38 } I Wish

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

SAC • RI • FICE
" the act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy "

 SAC • RI • FICE"  the act of giving up something valued for the sake of something else regarded as more important or worthy  "

I straighten my back in the tent, finding Monty fast asleep in a chair, and Raven no where to be found. Then, my eyes land on the table with just empty bullet shells lying on it.

I jump, Monty's sudden snore scaring me. I shake my hands out, looking around for the bomb, but it was nowhere to be found. And neither was Raven. I find Bellamy's rifle he had set down, grabbing a fistful of ammo, stuffing it in my pocket in case. Rifle in hand, I turn towards the exit, but not without one other thing.

"Damn it," I hiss, grabbing my swords off the table and darting out of the tent without another word. Of course Raven went off with the bomb- she didn't want us to get hurt. Or, the other likely option, she was upset about Finn and Clarke and needed to get away. Either way, I know the woods better than her and would catch up to her, kick her ass, and then plant the bomb.

I slip out the back exit of camp Octavia and I use to sneak out, glancing back towards the dropship that held the majority of my friends, some sick. Bellamy's words are drilled into my head, the look on his face paining me. But I push past it, slipping out behind the walls. I dart out into the forest, running towards the bridge without a doubt.

"I'm going to kill her," I mutter, unamused by Raven's actions that could get her killed.

Little did I know, Raven's life wasn't the only one in danger.

//\\

I reach the beginning of the bridge, the muddy ground wet beneath my feet. I squint through the dark trees to a slumped figure on the ground, a backpack lying next to them.

"Raven?" I call out, putting a hand over my eyes to see better, a gasp escaping my lips when I see her hunched figure. "Oh my god," I mutter, my mouth dropping open as I run to her, kneeling beside Raven.

She looks up at me with bloodshot eyes , the bomb scattered in front of her, not ready yet. "Avalon?" Raven blinks hazily, blood dripping from her nose.

War drums sound in the distance, torches visible through the clearing. I swallow the lump in my throat, fighting through the panic. "You're sick," I mumble, taking Raven in my arms. "Okay, okay. I'll get the bomb, and then I'll shoot okay? Stay here," I instruct the brunette before setting her down against the stone, scooping the ingredients up in my arms.

Raven weakly nods, slumping against the ground. Fear cuts through my chest, knowing she could die, and I can't do anything to stop it. But, so could this whole camp if I don't hurry my ass up. My feet pound against the ground, my heart drumming in my ears as I skid to a stop.