{ 9 } Chaos

I pass through the camp, but stop when I see Charlotte tying knots. The little girl wanted to make an effort, prove she want really a little girl.

"Hard at work I see," I tell her with a smile, beginning to tie knots with her. There was nothing much for me to do, and helping out here was beneficial. "Overhand knot?" I ask, and Charlotte stops, looking at me like I've lost my mind.

"I have no clue, I'm just doing what they showed me." She laughs, picking up a new rope.

Suddenly, I hear Murphy bark out "Hey!" I snap my head up to watch. "Think the grounders are just going to sit around, and wait for us to finish the wall? Maybe we should just let the little girl do the lifting for you."

I look at Charlotte, who just looks uncomfortable as she continues tying her knots. I squeeze her arm, hoping Murphy didn't bug her. She wouldn't lift that log, it weighed too much for a twelve year old to lift.

The guy, was carrying a log and dropped it. It looked from exhaustion and dehydration, lack of sweat and tiredness. Most likely because on the Ark, it was always a good temperature and down here it was hot whether we wanted it to be or not.

"I just need some water okay. Then I'll be fine." He pleads, and I bite my lip, moving to get him water.

"Avalon. I'll get you some water, hang on," I walk over, smiling down at the boy as I introduce myself. Murphy crosses his arms as he looks to me with annoyance. "Murphy, I don't understand why you're getting on his case. I mean, he attempted. All your doing is yelling while you sit on your lazy ass." I shrug, turning away, with a metal cup in my hand.

Murphy roughly grabs my shoulder, spinning me back towards him. He grabs my shirt, bringing me closer to him. Murphy snarls, getting up in my face. "Don't you talk about  me like that,you little-" He doesn't finish his sentence as I bring my knee up into his groin, Murphy shouting as he falls away. With a smirk, I roll my eyes. Murphy will not touch me. Bellamy walks up behind Murphy dragging him away the babysit him, simultaneously winking at me.

Bellamy and I had a weird relationship, we got along sometimes and worked well together, but when we didn't, hell would freeze over.

"Enough, Murphy get him water," Bellamy barges in, and my attention is off the water. "Hey, you got this?" Bellamy motions to Charlotte then point to the log. I scoff, putting an arm in front of Charlotte as I lean down to pick up the log. That's damn insane, having a twelve year old lift a tree.

    Bellamy swats my hand away. "I was just kidding, Princess." He smiles, his dimples popping at the nickname that I assume annoyance would follow, but it doesn't. I take a step back, shaking my head slightly. Lately, Bellamy and I are getting along. It was nice to be on the same terms and not argue constantly.

"Thanks a lot Charming," I mutter sarcastically to him as he bends down to pick up the tree, throwing it over his shoulder. I cross my arms, chuckling lightly to myself.

Not seconds later, Charlotte brushes my arm to get my attention. Murphy zips up his pants quickly, and I realize he pissed on the poor kid. He responds by shouting angrily, and Murphy's minions hold him back. I sigh, too tired to be angry.

I turn, heading over near Finn, the cup in my hand. I roll my eyes, ranting as I fill the cup.

"I swear, some day I'm going strangle Murphy." I scowl, and Finn just looks up at me in sympathy.

"It'll get him killed eventually." Finn sighs, and I turn away, balancing the water in my hand.

A dead twig crunches beneath my boot as I near Charlotte and the boy. I smile at him out of pity, my nose wrinkling.