{ 53 } Constant

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

" she didn't want to say goodbye, not to them. she knew the only consolation of saying goodbye to someone you love is the glimmer of hope that someday after that goodbye there will be another hello. she didn't want to chance not being able to say hello again "

  "Bellamy, run!" My already hoarse voice rips from the pure power of my words, tears threatening to sting at my eyes as Finn holds me back

I lunge towards him, kicking and pulling against Finn. "Let me go, Finn! Let me go! I have to help him!" I fight his grip, my gun falling to the ground beside me.

My pulse races with adrenaline, watching Bellamy pick up a rifle on the ground. Next to the rifle, was a kid lying there dead. Slaughtered, all because we landed in the wrong damn spot.

A grounder makes a move towards him. It wasn't Tristan who was fighting through the wall yet with the mass of grounders. I lurch against Finn, hearing the empty rounds of Bellamy'a gun click like a death march.

I thrash in Finn's hold, swinging my legs up at the sight of Bellamy's gun being knocked out of his hands. The grounder advances on him, punching him right across the jaw. He stumbles backwards, blood flying through the air.

    "He's killing him," Clarke whimpers from beside me. My eyes water seeing how helpless Bellamy is against the grounder, his gun empty. Dread coils in the pit in my stomach, knowing the grounder has a sword. I don't think I'd be able to survive watching that happen.

The grounder pounces on Bellamy, knocking him senselessly. "Let me go, let me go!" I scream, large tears rolling down my cheeks now. My feet fly upwards in hopes that Finn would let me go, my weight too much. But his hold only tightens.

My heart pounds in my chest. Clarke picks up the pistol, firing at the grounder. She fires until there isn't any left, the gun clicking with defeat.  Finn's arms tighten around my stomach, making it hard for me to gasp for air. Sobs wrack through my body, unable to see Bellamys face anymore. The grounder tackles him, and all I can see is his struggle to knock the grounder off him. He throws punches, but I know it's no use. In hand to hand combat, the grounders were raised for this, unlike us. There was no way he would win, not alone.

My eyes grow enlarged, watching the grounder's hand move towards the sword attatched to his hip. My heart skips a beat, pure adrenaline cutting through me now. I cannot loose Bellamy. There's no way in hell I will be loosing him. "Bellamy!"

I lurch forward one last time, slamming my head backwards into Finn. Finn could survive a headache, Bellamy couldn't survive a sword to his throat.

A pang shoots through my head from the impact of Finn, but it works. His grip loosens just enough for me to pull out of his gasp, shrugging myself away from Clarke's outstretched fingers.