{ 47 } Grounder Princess

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

making her feel hopeless and full of despair was just a slower way of killing her  "

    "Murphy! I swear to god, I'll kill you!" Bellamy bellows, his voice sounding inhuman as it rips through the air while I gasp for breath, my eyes clamped shut in pain

"Murphy! I swear to god, I'll kill you!" Bellamy bellows, his voice sounding inhuman as it rips through the air while I gasp for breath, my eyes clamped shut in pain. I slump forward out of exhaustion, the gag still loosely in my mouth. Murphy stands in front of me with the gun, as a warning to Bellamy. If Bellamy goes after him, I won't just be beaten. I'll be dead.

"That's what they did to me. Every single day. And it was your fault," Murphy murmurs, his hot breath hitting my face as he kneels down. He takes a hand, gently wiping at my face. My own screws in distaste, and out of pure anger, I spit at him.

Murphy wipes at his face, a low growl sound emitting from him as he stands up. I prepare for something worse, but it never comes. Through the crack in my eyes I can see Bellamy, absolutely fuming. His fists were clenched, chest heaving, and a killer glare was on his face. I take in a shallow breath, unable to take deep ones. My vision is blurred, coming in and out of focus.

"Stand on it," I faintly hear Murphy's voice alongside the goosebumps raising sound of metal on metal. I force my eyes open to Murphy and Bellamy, who currently has a stool in front of him, the noose hanging above it. I tug with what energy I have left on the restraints mumbling some inaudible protests.

I can't watch this happen. I can't watch Bellamy get ordered around to his own death, not after everything we've been through. We've survived grounders, and one banished camper may be our downfall. I should've just killed Murphy the moment I laid eyes on him.

Bellamy stands on the stool, and in that moment, I know for certain that this won't end well. It already hasn't. Even if Raven is working on hotwiring the door, it's likely a mess down there and could take forever.

"Put it over your head," Murphy states, his voice emotionless, the gun still aimed at my head. I lunge forward as Bellamy puts it over his head, the image already seared into my brain.

Bellamy mouths something along the lines of 'I'm okay', but I shake my head, tears threatening to prick at my eyes. This wasn't okay, none of this was. Murphy never should've been hung, and Bellamy shouldn't be in this position right now.

"This is insane," Bellamy mutters, his eyes trained on the tears in my eyes. His face falls noticeably, and he just stares back at me with something I've never been able to read before. I take solace in it, drinking in his face. "The grounders could attack-"

A loud bang goes off, the bullet making a pinging sound as it bounces off something in the dropship, and I bow my head, hoping it was enough. I pant, trying to breathe in as much air as I could. Bellamy's eyes are wide as I look up, sighing as he finds I'm okay. Every time he didn't follow Murphy's orders immediately, neither of us knew if he would act on me.