{ 11 } Just Like That

I wake up lazily, my eyes fluttering open groggily. I stretch, my arms moving to the side to pull Charlotte closer to me. They reach out further across the blanket, until I feel the edge of the bed. My blood instantly goes cold.

My eyes shoot open. "Charlotte!" I shout, chucking the blanket over at Finn and Clarke in an effort to wake them up.

"Charlotte's gone! Wake up! Where the hell could she go!" I shout frantically, climbing up the rungs. Finn and Clarke barely stir, but I don't care. Murphy could already have Charlotte, there was no time to waste.

I run quietly through the woods, following the small footprints left in the mud.

It was my fault. I didn't notice her leave, and I should've heard the bunker trap door shut. I feel stupid for thinking Charlotte would listen to everything, she thought she was endangering us.

I hear Murphy's shouts, too close for comfort. I turn my head towards the sound, and I see flames flickering behind me. Any and all movement ceases, because if Murphy and his crew see me I'm dead. I just hope it's dark enough so he can't see me.

Suddenly, an arm reaches out, fingers curling around me. I resist the urge to scream, squeezing my eyes shut, expecting a grounder to slaughter me any second.

My back is pressed against a tree, a hand covering my mouth in case I scream. I open my eyes warily, and a sigh of relief escapes when I realize it's Bellamy.

He puts a finger to his mouth, and I look up nodding. Bellamy was tall enough to where I had to look up to him, but only by a few inches. Murphy's shouts grow louder, and the area around us is lit up.

I'm not afraid of them. They're just goons who want revenge on a child. Bellamy presses himself against me in attempt to shield us, my face almost pressed against his, close enough to count the freckles scattered across his face, and the strange fear in his eyes when they meet mine. Our heavy breaths disappear, both holding it as they near.

I curl my hands around his shirt instinctively, shaking slightly from hearing the group directly behind us. If they found us, we are dead. But I have to trust Bellamy enough to stop that from happening, and trust myself to get us out of this mess.

I almost loose my balance, but Bellamys arms are locked on either side of me, fingers pressed into my hips. He waits until the group has passed, and the flames can't be seen anymore.

Bellamy backs away, just enough so I can see his eyes, my own watching his carefully. "I can't let them kill her." I whisper, licking my lips, the humidity strange and foreign.

"I won't let that happen." Bellamy grabs my shoulders, reassuring himself as much as me. I suck in a deep breath of air.

"We can't waste any more time. I was following her trail until I saw them, so it should be around here somewhere." I tell Bellamy, who then just points silently.

My eyes follow his finger, which leads to a small figure, slowly following Murphy. Without speaking, the two of us go to either sides of Charlotte, sneaking up on her.

Bellamy beats me to her, wrapping his arms around her waist. She screams, and the two of us shush her. Did she want to be found?

Bellamy does the same thing, placing a hand over her mouth to ensure she would be quiet.

"Let me go!" Charlotte yells, as Bellamy and I grip both of her wrists, dragging her through the woods.