Chapter 3.

"Quiet, my lad, your endless wailing will alert the medical staff that you were born here." Aggie fair squeaked as she thrust her nipple into his eager and hungry mouth. After Jason was satisfied with the amount of milk she gave him, Aggie settled him in her blankets and started planning her revenge on Ruth and her new husband Jon Eden. Surely a plan would come to her mind real soon. At the sound of footsteps echoing down along the long corridors came ever closer to her cell, Aggie pushed Jason under her bed and rushed to her desk. She could hear the keys rusty grind as it was thrust into the lock and tensed all the more praying that Jason wouldn't under a sound. When her door thundered open, Aggie cringed, for in the doorway was the very guard who raped her when she arrived at this horrid place. He was gazing at her with a satisfied grin on his ugly pock-marked face, he smiled all the more and Aggie cringed again when she saw the yellow and black teeth peeking from his mouth, and then a little drool was starting to fall from his lips. "What do you want Skinner? Go away, I'm busy." James Skinner looked around the room and shrugged, busy at what Missy if you haven't already clued in, you are locked up, so I don't see what can be grabbing your attention. I'm sure you have heard of the relocation that's going to take place... I wanted to have a taste of wares again my sweet before I am forced to depart with the other guardsmen."  Aggie breathed a disgusted sigh and tried to look for a way to block his advance. Unfortunately, with the limited space in her cell, there was no escape. He started to advance towards her and trapped her in a corner and pushed her to the floor. As he laid himself on top of her and began unbuttoning his trousers, Aggie reached around herself and tried to find anything that would defend her from this brute. But she has forgotten that on the last nurse's inspection, they took the makeshift weapon she made. Knowing that she didn't have any other option but to let him have her way with her, Aggie suffered through another violent accosting of her body. In her mind though, Aggie added his name to her lists of people she would take her revenge on too.

June 15th, 1856, Ireland.

 Dear, sis. Sorry, it has taken me so long to respond to your letter! But I have been in mourning. Samuel is dead! My darling husband has left me. It is so hard trying to keep my thoughts in order to write this. But know that I am trying. I have locked myself in my bedroom, to keep me away from my children. I'm afraid, that in some of my dark days, I will lose myself completely and may cause terrible harm to them. Love your Sister, Duchess Annabelle Kent.

September 30th, 1856, Ireland

Dear Sis. I haven't heard from you. Why are you not writing to me? Has the Disease afflicted you even worse than me? I don't want to even ponder on these things... So to keep my mind away from even thinking this I will just continue where I left off in my last letter. According to the updates that I receive from some of the servants, Cameron who is now eleven months old and is thriving under Angel's care! He even begins walking. He seems so eager to grow up! He's reminding me so much of his brother. William was the same when he was little. Because of the death of my husband, William has now inherited the title that my poor late husband once possessed, William has now become Duke William Kent and has now become head of the household. Being only twenty years old and with so much more responsibility must be extremely difficult. I wish sometimes that I wasn't afflicted with this disease, that way I would be able to help him or comfort him. Sadly that is not to be. However, even without my help, I heard from my maid Josephine that he is doing very well. She was sad to see some of the staff leave because we weren't able to pay their wages anymore. Even if I am shrouded in my thoughts I still worry about my family. The medicines that Doctor Johnson leaves me are not having any more effect on me, I have accepted that I have completely lost my mind. I catch myself sometimes thinking and saying the oddest things. Yesterday I dreamed that I was chasing Angel through the dark hallways, I was apparently attempting to kill her. I can't believe it. My mind; this madness wants me to murder my DAUGHTER!! What don't I understand is why? Perhaps it's because I can feel myself going downhill. Where she seems to be thriving.

December 30th, 1856, Ireland. 

Happy Christmas, Aggie! Give a kiss and a hug to my Nephew. I would like to dwell on happier times, so I am trying with all my might to remain positive today. I am alone; the servants have left to spend Christmas with their own families. The house seems so quiet. Before Josephine left me this morning, she reported to me that only Angel and Cameron are here in the house. William has left the house to propose to our neighbor's daughter, Sarah Green.. I pray and hope that this day goes really well, I hope that nothing happens to me today. I have been gazing out the windows of my bedroom hoping to catch a little snow drifting down from the sky, sadly only rain is falling right now... what a pity that we are not going to have a white Christmas this season. Our estate is located out in the country, so I can't even make out the lights shining from the village's street lamps. All I am able to see is dark clouds and a few flashes of lightning. I am getting this urge to escape my bedroom. I WANT OUT OF THIS HOUSE. I can barely hold on to this quill, Oh, Dear God, I can feel my mind slipping, Aggie... Please help me to overcome this darkness that is consuming me... Love Annabelle.