Chapter 5.

"I'm so sorry, Angel! If only I have known what was happening I would have arrived sooner, Angel shook her head, placed her glass down on the side table and turned to William and replied. "No, William there's no need to blame yourself. I knew you were coming, but there's no need to worry anymore big brother, our mother is dead! We must put this miserable tragedy in the past and look towards the future.

William then looked up and gazed at Sarah, she too looked like she was finally coming out the shock that she was in. He was about to say something else when he heard a loud wail coming from the top of the stairwell. Within a blink of his eye, he watched as Angel ran towards the stairs, reached the top and held tightly to their One-year-old baby brother Cameron. Cameron was clinging to his favorite Blanket and clutching tightly to Angel's body. Before the death of his father and after the troubling birth of his baby brother, Angel was forced to set aside her childhood to look after and care for him.  From that moment on, Cameron has come to think that she is his mama, even though his little sister is only thirteen. William assisted Sarah into the carriage, making sure that there would get enough room for Angel and Cameron's belongings as well. With Cameron in her arms, she walked towards her brother, who was awaiting them at the front entrance of their home. Once she was on the ground floor, Angel smiled up at her brother.

"Are we ever going to come back here? William smiled, "No. I think I'll close down this house and turn my back on it, we'll live at Rose Brook one of the other of father's estates from now on to grow-up in. Angel nodded with relief; as far as she was concerned this house and this day never existed. She never even looked back at her childhood home, she just kept looking towards the next horizon of life for all of them.

Friday, November 15th, 1864, Hyde Park, London, England. Seven Years later!

"Mama, mama, look what I got for you. Seven-year-old Cameron said to his mother. In his hand was a clump of wilting dandelions and a few dead leaves, Angel smiled; she put down her book and enfolded him into her arms and kissed his cheek. "Aren't they pretty? Angel smiled and nodded. "They sure are honey, She said giggling, "But you know what, I think you're prettier.

Cameron was confused, he then burst out laughing and hugged his mom. After taking a deep breath, he kissed her on the cheek and said, "Mom! I can't be pretty, I'm a big boy, not a girl. Angel laughed once more, "I know honey, I was just kidding. She said as she started tickling him. Their laughter could be heard all the way to the entrance of the park. Of course, they weren't the only ones who were having a great time. But their playful antics caught the attention of a few people who were also strolling down the few open trials in the park. A little way down the path strolled two gentlemen. Lord Tyler Steele and his best friend Lord Daniel Wolfe. Both have been friends since both of them could remember. Tyler and Daniel's father were childhood friends and both men moved their families from America after the boys were born. Daniel's father's fortune came from the Coal Mines and Tyler's father's fortune started with the shipbuilding business. Whenever either of them had a problem they would both walk down one of the many parks in London and discuss it together.

"Hey Tyler, what are you going to do with Sophie? She needs a new mom. "What are you talking about, Dan? She's only a year and a half old, she won't need one immediately anyway. Besides Mrs. Cannon can handle her for now. Her granddaughter just had twins and she said that she would definitely have enough milk to share with Sophie. And besides, I feel I'm not ready to marry again, Eleanor's death is still too recent. "Tyler, it's time to let her go. Her death was an accident! Tyler turned to Daniel and slapped him on the shoulder. "Was it Dan? Was it really? There was some sort of substance in her wine. I heard the doctor say it, and don't you dare say that I was hearing things, I know I heard him correctly! I'm positive that she was poisoned, which means she was murdered.

Dan signed, "But who could have done it? I know you're not well liked in the House of Lords by a select few, but I just can't imagine anyone resorting to murdering your wife just to prove a point. There must be another reason. Their conversation was interrupted with a rolling thud, Tyler looked down to his feet to see a small laughing child. His laughter was so infectious that it temporarily made Tyler forget about his late wife's death. Tyler bent down towards the child, and taking both hands he lifted him up by the arms to set him down on his feet. "Are you OK, Son? Cameron wiped the grass from his pant legs and giggled. "Sorry, Sir. The boy then ran back up the hill and yelled to his mother.