Chapter 12.

Tyler held her hand as he began walking with her through the garden maze. When they arrived at the center of it, Tyler led her to the only bench and sat down next to her. He leaned closer and touched a strand of her hair that was partially concealing her right ear. He wanted so badly to nibble at her pretty little ear lobe, but he stopped himself before he did so. Instead, he inhaled her scent, she must have sprayed some perfume on before she arrived at the party. Thankfully it wasn't strong. It was a sweet scent. Its scent captured the smell of newly opened spring lilacs, as well as a few hints of lemon. She seemed awfully quiet, perhaps she was pondering on the request that Joshua spoke to her about, he had a feeling that whatever she was concealing from him had something to do with him. Maybe he could draw it out of her somehow, he thought to himself. So very tenderly, he began to stroke her cheek.

He pulled her until she was sitting on his lap and her arms were wound around his neck, then he softly whispered into her ear, telling her how beautiful she looked tonight, how when he first spotted her this evening, she took his breath away. Angel could feel his warm breath on her neck as he whispered to her. She could feel tiny little pinpricks on her arms and as he stroked her she could feel warm wetness coming from between her thighs. She felt a little embarrassed when Tyler pulled down the sleeve of her gown and began placing warm and sweet kisses on her shoulder. When he nipped lightly on her skin, Angel felt like her insides wanted to jump out of her body. She felt so warm and the surroundings around them became a little fuzzy. He then lightly turned her face towards him. The stars in the sky reflected in her eyes and it caused Tyler to forget to breathe for a brief moment. So lost in her eyes that he lowered his head and very tenderly kissed her bottom lip. He nibbled until she voluntarily opened her lips a little wider, then he thrust his tongue in her mouth and proceeded to kiss her deeply. When he opened his eyes again, he saw her and she had a shocked look in her face... immediately he pulled away from her, "I'm so sorry. I kissed you without permission, will you forgive me?" There was some silence, then she shook her head, smiled at him, and started to speak. "You don't have to apologize. To be honest, I was waiting for you to kiss me." 

Covering her mouth in embarrassment, Angel blushed. "I'm sorry, was that too forward?" Tyler smiled at her and kissed her forehead, "No, it wasn't. Perhaps in the spur of the moment, our hearts became one and we felt the need to follow them!" "Perhaps, she said." She was about to continue kissing him when she felt his hands gather her head in order to turn her face to him. After a few minutes passed, Tyler inhaled a deep breath, "Angel! What were you really talking about with Daniel? You weren't really speaking about romantic ideas were you? You were speaking about me weren't you?" 

The fuzzy and warm feelings shattered. Angel gasped, then she slapped him across the face. "HOW DARE YOU! You were just trying to pry that information out of me, weren't you? You never truly cared about me! How could you humiliate me like that? And to think... I was just starting to feel loved by you, I cannot believe I allowed myself to weaken. You, Sir are a cad... And I never want to speak to you again!" She shouted at him. With that, she turned about and rushed out of the garden and ran back into the house. Angel quickly found William and Sarah conversing with Lord and Lady Hammerstein. She went to him, placed her hand on his arm, leaned over and whispered her request to go home.  "William, please!!! I want to go home now." 

She said her good-byes to her hosts and swirled around to leave when she saw Tyler striding towards her with a red cheek and a determined look upon his face. William also looked to where his sister was staring at, and he frowned.  "Come sweating." He said to Sarah, as he took a hold of her arm and Angel 's  arm, "I suppose it's time to leave." Tyler tried to run after them but was caught between the crowds. "Angel, wait. I didn't mean it, please don't run away." He pleaded as he ran past Daniel and Aspen. Daniel grabbed a hold of his friend's arm and pulled him to his side. Dan, sighed as he looked at the red handprint on his face, "What did you do, to make her run away from you? You must have done something wrong. How come there is a pulsing hand print on your cheek?" 

Tyler shrugged, Daniel's hand off his arm. "I didn't do anything!!" On an exasperated sigh, Dan rolled his eyes, "I mean, what you said to her that would cause her to run away from you?" Tyler felt frustrated, and rubbing the back of his neck, he stared at his friend heaved a great big sigh... 

       "All I did, was kiss her... then I asked her what the two of you were speaking about earlier, that's all." Daniel and Aspen looked at each other, took hold of each other's hands and spoke at the same time... "YOU BIG IDIOT!!!"