Chapter 20.

Daniel shot to his feet and began to pace the carpet, "What! That doesn't make any sense, you weren't anywhere near him last night, in fact we haven't seen him in over a week, since both of us were preoccupied with preparing our weddings. So why would Scotland Yard have any suspicions with you?"

           "I don't have any idea either, but Mr. Matthew Phelps, our bow street runner who got this information for me also said that I should expect Scotland Yard to come here tomorrow morning. Matthew said that he overheard one of his runners mention that the officers will be arresting me tomorrow morning on regards to the murder of John Elliott." Angel covered her mouth with her hands and tried not to cry, she had to be strong for Ty. Tyler saw the tears that were silently streaking down his wife's cheeks. He stalked over to her side and gathered her into his arms, he then kissed her upon her forehead and wiped away her tears. "I'm sure there's no cause to worry, my love, we will see what Scotland Yard has to say won't we? Now enough of this depressing news, we should celebrate!  We got married today, both of us, so let's retire. I'm sure that both of you ladies are exhausted from all of the excitement from marrying England's most handsome gentleman."

Tyler said laughing. He gathered Angel into his arms and picked her up and carried her, he turned to Joshua gave him a wicked wink and smiled. "Dan, you're welcome to stay the night here, you can occupy the same room that you use when you visit of course." 

          "Don't mind if I do, Ty, Thank-you." He then turned at looked at William and Sarah,  "You're welcome to stay as well, I'm sure Mrs. Cannon can find some rooms for you to occupy." William held up his hand and shook his head, "There's no need to accommodate us Ty. Sarah and I would rather return to our own residence, I'm sure that both of you newlyweds would appreciate some privacy. That is why we will collect Cameron and the rest of the children from the nursery and and head on home. But if you don't mind, I would like to return tomorrow with the children, before Scotland Yard shows up, perhaps I can help somehow and delay your arrest." Tyler momentarily let Angel back down and walked to where William was standing, he grabbed a hold of his hand and shook it fiercely. "Thank-you, I would welcome any help."

All was quiet in the house, and Tyler was looking forward to spending this special night with his wife. But somewhere in the deep recesses in his mind, Tyler had a slight feeling that all was not right about Angel. Surely since she said her vows and pledged to love him and obey him, she still wouldn't have any secrets from him. Shrugging aside the nagging suspicion, Tyler made his way to his bedroom and the awaiting arms of his new wife. When he opened the door, the room was cast in moonlight, at first, he didn't see her, but then the moonlight shun against the diamond necklace he gave to her before they wed, it shuns on her like a heavenly beacon. She was standing by the window, wrapped in a pale white silk dressing gown, her beautiful sunburn hair fell against her back and her feet were bare.

             "What are you thinking about my love?" Angel turned about and faced him. Tyler gasped silently, he could see that she had been crying for the tracks of her tears were streaked down her cheeks. What reason would she be crying when she just got married? Tyler walked towards her and pulled her into his arms, and enfolded her. As he held her, he could smell the lilac soap she used when she washed before he came to join her. He noticed that while he was holding her, she had a birthmark he never noticed before.  It was in the shape of a small star and it laid right below her right ear at the very base of her neck. No wonder, Angel's parents bestowed that name on her, it seemed like the heaven's must of blessed her! The name of a heavenly creature suited her perfectly, she was loving and loyal, graceful and cute, everything Tyler assumed a heavenly being to be, with that Tyler smiled and kissed it. But he ceased kissing her when he felt her tremble, Ty held her by the arms and gazed into her eyes, he knew that she was holding in the least a portion of her tears, and he knew that she was trying to be brave. Perhaps she was scared of the news of his arrest that was going to take place tomorrow morning. Again he leaned in and hugged her and placed a kiss upon her neck, "there is no reason to cry my love, all will be well. Nothing will happen to me, I promise you."

Angel silently nodded as she coughed a little, "I'm so afraid, Ty. I just gained you and found love, I don't want anything to happen to you."  Tyler sighed.  "I will always be here for you. Now let's forget all this. Come to bed, surely we can forget all this negative things that has happened today and perhaps splurge on some passion?" Angel blushed and giggled, but before he could guide her towards the bed, she halted. Confused, Tyler looked behind him and wondered what's the matter. "There is something I must tell you, Ty. Something very important, something you need to know." 

Tyler ignored her hesitancy and concluded that she must be experiencing some maidenly fears. He was eager to make love to her, so he brushed aside that nagging suspicion again and taking her by the hand he guided her to the bed and sat her down.