Chapter 40.

Tyler, finally, allowed Angel to get out of bed!  After three days, of doing nothing, but laying down, Angel was glad, that she was able to stand, and she hoped to never lie in that bed again. Well not 'never ever', after all, if she wanted to participate and have some fun with her husband, she guessed that a bed would come in handy. She couldn't believe that she just thought like that, she could feel her face redden and blush ferociously. However, since the incident, that very nearly killed her and her child that happened five days ago, her whole family and her friends still treated her like fragile glass. It frustrated her something fierce. And when Tyler overheard the pet name that both her father and brother used to call her; he's been teasing her with it mercilessly.

She was sitting in the brand new rocking chair that Tyler purchased from the furniture store that he bought as a gift for her. It sat next to the fireplace in the conservatory, where she liked to sit in the evenings because it had a beautiful view of the back gardens. The gardens were lit and looked like they were occupied by fairies. Sophie was asleep in a brand new cradle that Aspen brought over! She said that her grandfather got it from one of his merchant ships that just came in from Barbados. Angel told Aspen to tell her grandparents that both Tyler and herself that they loved it and it was already being used by their daughter Sophie. She just picked up another ball of blue yarn when she felt Tyler's hands on her shoulders. Angel looked up at her husband and smiled. "Didn't I specifically tell you not to get up from bed this morning; wife? You could injure yourself more. The doctor told me that you're supposed to remain in our bed for the duration of your pregnancy!"

Angel sighed and rolled her eyes at her husband playfully, "My love. I am perfectly fine. And if I had to remain in that bed for another day, I would have screamed. My back is already sore because of this baby, and if I stayed in that bed, it would've even sorer; worse even. I know that you worry, darling,  but it's been almost a whole week! I assure you, that the baby and I are safe and sound. Besides, I promised William that I would take it easy and I have. I just had to get out of that bed. Please don't force me to lie back in it." She said as she gave him a puppy dog sad face. Tyler laughed. Then he set aside her knitting and picked her up and retook her seat, and situated her in his lap and embraced her.

"I worry over you because I love you so much. When I ran into the house and into this room and saw you doubled over in pain, It felt like someone had reached into my chest, pulled out my heart and squeezed it to death. My darling, I can't even bear to watch you be in pain. Promise me that you won't ever be in pain again." Angel, placed her hand on his cheek and caressed it,

"I can't keep that promise, for when this child arrives, Marian said that bringing forth children into the world brings forth pain. So if this child causes me to feel a lot of pain, I'll tell the women, to make you leave the room!" Tyler kissed her tenderly on her lips.

"As much as I don't like to see you in pain, I would actually like to be there, when our child is coming into the world! Would you allow me to be in attendance?" Angel was about to reply when William and Sarah and their two children came striding into the room. Then not even five minutes later, Daniel and Aspen, as well as Marian and her two Children, and Archer Colt all came into the room and surrounded them. Angel looked up at her husband with a curious look.

"Tyler? What's going on? Is there something your not telling me?"Tyler gave his wife a sneaky and smug look. He brushed aside the hair that covered her left ear, and kissed her on her neck and nibbled at her earlobe. He whispered into her ear, "Cherub, they all wanted to come over and celebrate your recovery. So I invited all of them to join us for dinner this evening. Besides, they were concerned about you."

Angel looked all around the room at her family and friends and sighed. She could see that they were all indeed concerned about her, and she supposed that was understandable, considering what Mable Hood did to her. So she swallowed her annoyance, plastered a smile on her face and thanked everyone for coming. They were all about to go to dinner when they were interrupted again.

Robinson bowed to Tyler and gave him a calling card. Angel got up from where she was sitting and made her way over to him and placed a hand on his shoulder and inquired who it was from. Tyler heard of the man's name but hadn't had the pleasure of meeting the gentleman. Before Tyler notified Robinson about leading his guest inside, he told him first to notify Aimee to come and collect the children and to bring them to the nursery upstairs.