Chapter 25.

Angel was reclining on a rocking chair with Sophie in her arms, she was currently bottle feeding her and rocking her back in forth, in a soothing manner to put the infant to sleep. As the child closed her eyes, her head borrowed even further into her chest and her little hand rested on her breast. This feeling felt so warm, it was if she was always Tyler's wife and Sophie was born from within her. "What do you think is taking our husbands so long to speak with the Sargent? Aspen asked as she got up from the rug where she was sitting with Andrew in her lap. Angel ceased humming and turned to her new sister by marriage, she shrugged and heaved a heavy sigh. 

       "I'm not sure, I just hope my fears are unjustified right now and Tyler is not being arrested and being led out of our home and into police custody." Aspen laid a sleeping Andrew on his bed in the nursery and went over to her sister and sat down and hugged her from behind. "I'm sure that isn't that! You have faith in your husband, do you not?" Angel nodded. She then kissed the baby on the head and held her all the more closely to her. The silence in the room was broken by a 'knock' on the door. Alexei walked over to it and swung it open, only to see Robinson standing on the other side. "Begging your pardon, Milady, but my lord, your husband requests your presence downstairs."

 Both women looked at each other with worried looks in each other's eyes. Angel got up from the chair and walked towards the door, upon seeing Ms. Hood standing next to Robinson and her arms were open to having Sophie placed within them, Angel stopped. "I appreciate your assistance, Mable but I would rather continue holding Sophie as I descend down the stairs to the blue salon room. I just got her to sleep and I would rather have her continue sleeping instead of waking her to lay her into your arms. Ms. Hood nodded and bowed,  "as you wish Milady." 

As she watched the nurse walk into the nursery, Angel remembered that not only was the Sargent here, but they were also expecting to see James's new tutor arrive as well. "Mable, please make sure that James is awake and remind him that his tutor is due to arrive any moment, tell him to get washed and dressed and to meet us down in the dining room. Also, can you bathe Julia for me as well, she's all sticky again from her breakfast."

              "I understand Milady, however, I think that it would be better if his lordships valet dress and bathe James." Angel agreed and nodded, "see to it." 

The woman curtsied, and walked further into the room and gathered a resisting Julia into her arms and carried her into the adjoining bathing room.

The conversation of the men was interrupted, with a knock on the door. Robinson opened the salon doors and stepped aside to allow Angel to walk through them. Tyler smiled and made his way to his wife, he then gathered her into his embrace and kissed her on the forehead, then just realizing that Sophie was in her arms, Tyler leaned down and place a gentle kiss on his sleeping daughters cheek as well. With a gentle hand placed against Angel's back, Tyler escorted her towards Sargent Talbot to introduce her and to show his 'proof' of his whereabouts that day.

Talbot was stunned, he had never seen a more beautiful woman standing before him. Her ladyship was wearing a pastel orange day gown that clung to her figure most handsomely. Her Sun-burnt hair was neatly piled atop her head with soft ringlets cascading down the side of her face. And her eyes, Dear Lord, her eyes were a misty green-gray a color that any man that gazed at her would surely get lost within them. Tyler felt unnerved at the way that Talbot was staring at his wife, so he cleared his throat loudly to gain back his attention. 

         "My love, this is Sargent Louis Talbot of Scotland Yard, he wished to make your acquaintance! Talbot, this is my wife Angel, Lady Steele, and the sleeping child you see in her arms is our daughter Sophia." Talbot regained his composure and grabbing a hold of Angel's hand, he raised it to his lips, placed a kiss on them and bowed, "its an honor to meet you Milady." 

Angel blushed then she happened to see the look on Tyler's face and she giggled, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well Sargent. But may I ask a question?" Talbot was stunned with the forthright manner of the lady before him, "you may," he answered her. Angel looked into her husband eyes and back to the Sargent and heaved a sigh... 

          "Can you tell me the truth without lying to my face that you wholeheartedly believe that my husband, Lord Steele is the culprit you thought it was that murdered John Elliot?"Talbot gulped and glanced at his lordship with stunning eyes, he could see that her ladyship's question stunned him too, but he also caught the slight smile that made its way to his face before he brought back his attention back to her. Before he could utter a replay the Marshall intervened.