Chapter 11.

Soon, the music from the orchestra began to play the waltz and everyone found themselves a partner to dance with. Tyler claimed the first dance with Aspen and Daniel asked her to dance too. Aingeal smiled at Dan, "She's really beautiful, you are lucky man to marry her." 

       "Thank-you, Angel. But don't sell yourself short, you are truly beautiful as well, my good friend Tyler would also be a lucky guy if let's say you agreed to become his wife." Angel gasped and was about to protest, but Daniel silenced her with his finger, "Hush. I realize that you two have just been introduced and that what I ask for his happiness is a little rushed but, if Tyler does ask your brother for your hand in marriage, would you agree to be his bride?" She was momentarily stunned, and she could barely comprehend the request that Daniel asked her, looking past him, Angel stared at Tyler as he danced with Aspen. She had to admit, that when she first met him, she felt a little flutter in her chest... it was like her heart leaped when she gazed into his green eyes. Was it possible that she already had feelings for him? No, it couldn't be, it was too soon. Perhaps it was an admiration? For the longest time, while she still resided in Ireland, Angel anticipated the newsletter that always arrived at her home on Sunday evenings. After the children would be put to bed, herself and William would always read his ideas and his plans to change the gentry's thoughts about the poor people in London and how his new policies, would change and revitalize the world. Angel and William both knew that such ideals would be considered as mere fantasies to some, but they also knew that if such a policy would come into effect, it would indeed give the peoples a ray of hope in their bleak and daily lives.

        "Miss Kent... Angel! Did you hear me?" Daniel shook her by the shoulders, "Huh? Pardon me, what did you say, Dan?" Daniel surmised that his request for Tyler's happiness would throw off many people. But, he had a distinct feeling that Angel, this beautiful young woman would be the perfect match for Tyler and his children. "Would you truly consider it? Would you agree to become Tyler's wife? Now, he may at first disagree with my plan, and even though I have mentioned it many times,  he still has out flat refused me, but with your help, I feel we could succeed."

       "But...! I just gotten introduced into society!! I can't just declare that on the eve of this party, I have already acquired a suitable match! Wouldn't that incite the gossip mongers to wag their tongues?" Daniel shook his head, "never mind any of that. What they have to say about either of you is none of their business." Angel sighed. "None of whose business?" Tyler said as he stepped between them. They both jumped apart from each other, "Oh, nothing... we... we were just speaking about something else, that's all." Tyler looked between them, "are you sure, you're not keeping anything away from me."

      "No!" They both said in unison. "Alright, if you say so.  Miss Kent, I believe it is now my turn to claim you for this dance." Daniel politely stepped aside and then took a hold of Aspen's hand and led her back to the dance floor to await for the orchestra to begin playing their music. It was then that the orchestra started up again and began to play a rendition of Joanne Strauss Vienna Blood.  "It would be this one. Come take my hand.  "So, what were you and Daniel speaking about, before I happened to interrupt you both?" Angel, felt a little nervous. She didn't know what to tell him! She couldn't admit outright that she agreed with Daniel's plan to become his wife. She had no choice, but to lie, so she immediately thought of something else to tell him. 

     "It was nothing. Daniel just wanted my opinion on some details regarding his wedding to Aspen, he wanted to know what he could do that would make Aspen feel loved. He wanted to do something romantic for her." Tyler smiled at her and laughed a little. As the music played on, Angel could feel Tyler hands around her waist, he seemed to be pulling her closer to him. Not wanting his reputation to be ruined and hers either, Angel laid her hand against his chest and started pushing him back a little. Tyler looked down at her hand but ignored it. "What seems to be the problem?" She looked up to him and blushed, "My lord, we mustn't stand so close. It's not proper. I don't want your reputation to be ruined." 

Tyler sighed. "Didn't I already explain to you, that I would rather you call me by my first name rather than my title?" "Yes, you did. But we only just met a week ago! Surely you haven't developed a feeling for me already?" Again Tyler sighed.  "Haven't you heard of love at first sight? When I saw you walking down the lawn of the park, the sun's glow on your red copper locks, made your hair shimmer, it made it look like you were an angel descending from heaven."

Angel's face felt hot all of a sudden, "I think I need some fresh air, excuse me for a moment, Tyler."  She turned about and was beginning to walk away when she felt his hand on her arm. "Allow me to escort you to the balcony. I was shown the gardens when I first arrived here by Lord and Lady Hammerstein. They were breathtaking during the day, I'm curious if they would be breathtaking during the night."  At his whispered words, Angel again blushed as she looked into his eyes, she silently nodded and let him escort her out to the balcony to gain some fresh air.