Chapter 15.

As soon as she was inside the building, Nellie ran off to play with her friends, while Angel was escorted back into Mrs. Brewster's office. When she took her seat, she asked her what the letter was all about. Abigail Brewster folded her hands and gazed at Angel.  "Would you happen to know about the Children's Aid Society in Brooklyn, New York?" Angel pondered on her question, "I believe I have heard my brother speak about it on one occasion a while ago. What about it?"

      "Well, I received a letter from an acquaintance of mine. Her name is Ruth Eden, she is one of the matrons that helps the sisters that run that orphanage. Some how her letter was mistakenly mailed here last year, I was quite curious, so I opened it and read it, and I was shocked. Because not only was her letter in there, but there was another letter attached to it. A second letter was mailed by a Doctor from an insane asylum in Manhattan and it brought forward a name... a woman named Aggie Turner, she was dead and the letter was supposed to be mailed to her sister Annabelle Kent. When I read that last name, I wondered if the letter belonged to your family." Angel gasped.  "Annabelle was my mother, and if I remember, she had a sister named Aggie, but I didn't know any of her circumstances".

 Angel re-opened the letter, and upon locating the name of Aggie, her head started to spin, and her vision became fuzzy, who knew that this name would make her feel afraid again, that it thrust her into the violent past of her childhood? Before she knew what was happening, the room darkened, and before she fainted, Angel was sure she heard Tyler's voice in the distance. When her eyelids closed, Angel Thought about the name Ruth Eden again, when she tried to remember where she heard of it, Angel's line of thought snapped and she remembered!

It was when she was twelve years old, she just put Cameron down for his nap and she was wandering around the Great Hall. Her steps eventually led her towards her mother's bedroom, very quietly, Angel peeked around the bedroom door, she didn't see her mother within, so on quiet feet, Angel tiptoed inwards. She was mortified to see the destruction of her mother's room, it was chaotic and in disarray. Her curtains upon her canopy bed were torn to shreds. The mirrors were shattered, and a brisk breeze was swirling throughout the room, it sent chills along her arms and it made the hairs on the back of her neck to stand out on end. Was it possible that her mother was inside this bedroom? Did she somehow not notice her presence within? Angel craned her neck to look over her shoulder, thankfully when she turned around and allowed her eyes to wonder about the room there was no sign of her mother. Her eyes caught a letter sticking out of her mother's desktop drawer. Very carefully, she slid the paper out of the drawer. She was aware that her mother had a sister, but she didn't know that she had a stepsister as well. Could it be possible that this woman was her aunt? The sound of her mother's voice coming from behind her made her jump, she turned around and was about to scream when she awoke to the feeling of her hands being gripped and a wet cloth upon her forehead.

Angel slowly opened her eyes again but, she couldn't make out who it was. The blurred image moved in front of her and then disappeared just as quickly. Angel soon realized that she wasn't at the foundling home anymore, she was lying in a room, that she didn't know. She felt a nudge at her side and when she turned her head upon the pillow, she was slightly amused to see only a smiling little girl staring at her. She guessed that this child was around two years old. Surrounding this child's head was a mass amount of pale blonde curls, and she had a pair of beautiful sea green eyes. When Angel gazed into them, she felt as if she was being drawn in. Suddenly, she heard a worried voice echoing throughout the halls outside of the bedroom. Angel couldn't quite make out the voice or to recognize who it was speaking, but it sort of sounded like a frantic nurse. "Oh, little miss, where could you be? Little Miss, you must come out of hiding, your Papa is looking for you." At the name of her Papa, the child gave Angel a drooling and toothless grin and dug her way beneath Angel's coverlet. Angel laughed softly. Her door cracked open a little bit, she was expecting to see the nurse to pop her head in, but she was surprised to see two more children enter. 

      "Come along Andrew, we got to find a place to hide, James will be done counting soon." The girl said as she pulled her brother along. The boy looked at his twin with unsure eyes, "I don't know, Julia, Papa, and Hoodie both said that we weren't allowed in here. Remember? They said that we had a guest staying in here and that she's resting." Julia rolled her eyes at her brother and sighed, "I know, but aren't you a little bit curious? She must be very special, to papa that he placed her in mama's old bedchamber. Come on, let's see what she looks like!"  Angel smiled as she listened to their conversation. Soon four eyes peeked over her blankets. Angel closed her eyes and pretended to sleep, Andrew, gasped. Julia looked over to her brother in surprise, "What's wrong?" A tear rolled down his face, and he pointed to Angel,  "Look Julia! It's Mommy! Mommy is lying there, I thought you said that Mommy was in heaven. How could she be in heaven when she's lying here?" He said as he began to cry.