Chapter 23.

Both Tyler and Angel were sitting in the dining room partaking of eating their morning breakfast when both Daniel and Aspen entered with smiles on their faces. "Oh, so you're both awake already, has William arrived yet?" Angel dabbed her mouth with her napkin and nervously smiled,  "Not yet, although it's still early, perhaps Scotland yard won't arrive for a while."

Tyler was about to reply when he was interrupted by Robinson, "excuse me my lord, but your guests have arrived." "Guests? I thought only William would be arriving this morning, who is the other person Robinson?" Robinson took out a white business card from the front of his jacket pocket, and after retrieving his glasses, he proceeded to read the name. 

        "It says his name is Marshall Archer Colt." Everyone was curious as to who this man was, but before Tyler could inquire further, William and his guest strolled into the dining room. "Good morning Will, who's your friend?" Angel asked with an amused look on her face. William cleared his throat, "Tyler I would like to introduce you to my good friend, Marshall Archer Colt, Marshall Colt is a detective from Bannock, Montana in America. We met a long time ago sis, and we have corresponded all these years. He owes me a favor so I have asked him to help us with this Scotland yard problem as well as to look into the murder of John Elliott. "

Archer stepped from behind William and approached Tyler, he extended his hand and waited for Tyler to shake his hand and greet him. "Now, from what I understand, from what William has explained to me, that you couldn't have been involved in John Eliot's murder, because when it happened, you were getting married to this lovely young woman, am I right?" Angel blushed when the marshal looked in her direction, Archer grabbed her by the hand and raised Angel's hand to his lips, then he kissed it, he let his lips pause on her hand, then without moving his head, he complimented Tyler on choosing Angel for a bride. Angel blushed all the more. Tyler moved from his seat at the head of the table and placed his hand softly on Angel's back and held her close to his side. 

         "Thank-you Archer, for complementing my wife, I'm sure you have entered marital bliss at some point in your life isn't that right?" Archer cleared his throat,  "Yes, indeed I did, but that was such a long time ago. My darling Susan passed away thirteen years ago, and even though it happened a while back, I still think of her sometimes... she was very similar to her ladyship.

         "There's no need to address me by my title, just call me Angel, please." Archer smirked, "as you wish." Angel gestured to the plates of food that covered the buffet table, "it's still early, I'm sure that Scotland yard won't arrive for a while yet, come, sit and have some breakfast." Angel saw Archer shake his head but she held up her hand, "please I insist, I wouldn't be a good host if I didn't invite my guests to share our meal!"

They were all enjoying their meal when a knock sounded on the dining room doors. Seeing the worried look on Angel's face, Tyler reached for her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "M'Lord, Sargent Louis Talbot, awaits you in the blue salon room, shall I inform him that you will receive him?" Robinson asked after clearing his throat. Tyler glanced over to Archer and waited for his signal, after seeing him nod, both men excused themselves from the table, smiled at the concerned looks of the women and was about to exit the dining room.  "Wait, My love! Shall I accompany you?"

Just as Tyler was about to exit the room, he stopped in mid-stride and turned about and gathered Angel into his arms and embraced her. He kissed her on the inside of her neck and inhaled her scent. "Be at ease sweetheart, Archer will be there with me, as well as your brother, I am sure that nothing bad will come about. He hugged her again and placed a kiss on her forehead, "Why don't you go up to the nursery and alleviate the tension between the children, try to assure them that all is well."

 Angel blushed and nodded, "very well, my love. I just don't want anything to happen to you." She said as a few tears streaked down her face. Tyler wiped away her tears and smiled, "have faith in me, my sweet Angel. With that, all the men left the dinning room and went out to greet the Sargent.