Chapter 7.

It seemed to be taking some time to arrive back home, mainly because Angel was having a good time conversing with Tyler. Every time she looked at Tyler, Angel sighed silently, she could imagine how nice of a father he would be to her son. Cameron looked so comfortable in Tyler's arms. They just turned the corner when Angel caught William's image in the front foyer window. No doubt, William was wondering who this gentleman was and why he was holding Cameron. Not wanting Tyler to feel uncomfortable, she quickly grabbed Cameron from his arms, patted Cameron's back, turned back towards Tyler and bowed.  "It was nice to meet you my lord, but I mustn't tarry, I need to put Cameron to bed, he's tuckered out and if he doesn't have a full night sleep he gets really cranky.  "You don't have to address me with the title. It is rather quite annoying, when people address me like that. Just call me Tyler, and you don't have to be embarrassed of your brother seeing you with me, my elder sister acts the same way sometimes whenever she gets the chance. "Really? Angel breathed a sigh of relief, "He's always acting like that, it's as if I'm still a little girl and that I don't know my own mind. Tyler placed his hands on her shoulders and allowed his hands to linger a little bit longer, and he smiled, "There's no need to feel like that, I am sure that he loves you so much, he's just looking out for you, he wants to make sure that you are safe. That no matter what happens, he'll always be there to provide and protect you, just like an older brother should.

 She smiled at him, "You're probably right. She turned towards the door and noticed that it was open and that William was watching them from the threshold, anxiously waiting for her and Cameron to come into the house.  "William! Come over here, will you! Come and meet Lord Steele, She shouted to him. William shut the door and slowly approached them when he got to Angel's side he didn't speak, he didn't utter one word, and it was as if he was sizing Tyler up or something. Angel felt so embarrassed. She nudged him in the arm to get his attention, "William, would you stop staring at him please! Just shake his hand, greet the guy, there's no need to feel nervous. William looked down to his sister and nudged her in the arm playfully,  "Sorry about the silent treatment, My Lord, but you know how little sisters are.

He said laughing. Frustrated, Angel breathed out a sigh and turned about and left, leaving the two men laughing together in front of the house.  "MEN!"

 After dropping off Ms. Kent and her son to their house, Tyler laughed a little inside as he made his way home. The way that William sized him up and the expression that was left on Angel's face was enchanting. It reminded Tyler of his little sister Ali, she would act the same way if he ever embarrassed her like that. As he approached the front door of his family's estate, he momentarily stopped in his tracks. For once,  since Eleanor's death, his conversation with Ms. Kent, made him forget the pain and anguish Tyler felt whenever he thought of her. The door suddenly flew open which startled Tyler for a brief moment that is until he saw Julie and Andrew run straight towards him. Both of their hands were covered in strawberry jam and Julie's jumper was twisted and askew. 

      "Daddy; your home! Looking behind him, Julie could not see her uncle, "Daddy, where's Uncle Dan? Tyler avoided the handprint of jam that almost made contact with his shirt front, and he laughed, "He went home sweetheart. Looking up, Tyler saw a rather weary and frustrated Ms. Hood, the children's nursemaid standing at the threshold of the door, and in her arms was Tyler's newest daughter, two-year-old Sophie, who was just starting to wake up.  "Your home at last sir! Ms. Hood said with a sigh. Tyler reached out and lifted Sophie from Ms. Hood's arms, "I can take care of the children now Ms. Hood, you may finish the rest of your chores and get your dinner from the kitchen. Ms. Hood bobbed a curtsy, 

      "Thank you, sir. Then she turned around and headed to the nursery. Once seated in his study, Tyler reached around to the table beside him and retrieved a bottle of milk from the basket that Mrs. Cannon always left for him at the end of her day. As he was feeding Sophie, Tyler stared at the flames and allowed himself to relax. At times like this one, Tyler wished that Eleanor was still alive and still with them. "Papa? Do you miss mommy terribly? Andrew asked him out of the blue, with tears in his eyes. Tyler ruffled Andrew's hair and gave him a small smile, "Of course I do, son, but even though you can't see her doesn't mean that she's not with us! Andrew's face went pale and he gasped,  "You mean that she's a ghost? Julie then left her dolls on the rug and went over to her brother and swatted him across the back of his head, "he means that mommy is in our hearts dummy. Andrew smacked her back; "I am not a dummy, stupid. He yelled back. "Don't call me stupid; Stupid!

Julie yelled back. Thankfully the tension of their argument was interrupted and broken by Robinson, the head butler. "Ah, sir, your home. I have an invitation for you from Lord and Lady Hammerstein, it arrived shortly after you and Lord Wolfe left. The invitation says that it is a welcoming party for Duke William Kent and his sister Lady Angel Kent, it is to welcome them into society. Shall I reply and tell them that you will be attending tonight?  At the mention of Angel's name, Tyler was thrilled to know that he was going to see her again, with that Tyler accepted the invitation with gusto.