Chapter 34.

Daniel was running up the steps to get to Tyler's office at the port so that he could deliver the letter that was handed to him by a mysterious figure dressed in a dark cloak and wearing a hood that concealed his face. But before he could inquire what the letter contained, the man disappeared into the shadows of the setting sun. Knowing that is buddy, wouldn't mind if he read the letter himself before he delivered it to Tyler, Daniel ripped open the seal and began reading it. He was only in the third phrase before he stopped at the word 'MURDER'. With that, Daniel turned about and began running up the steps to inform Tyler of what contained in the letter.

Tyler was going over some missives and plans for building a new ship for the Queen's army with his secretary when the door to his office burst open, and in its threshold stood Dan bent at his knees and breathing hard. Tyler gave his secretary a silent look and dismissed her, and waited for her to leave his office before he asked Dan, 'what in the blazes was going on?'

Tyler got up from his desk and grabbed the cup that was sitting at his side table and filled it with some water, then he approached him and waited until Daniel regained his breath. The moment he saw Dan, finish the glass of water, he gestured for Dan to sit at the chairs that sat in front of the office's fire-pit.  But before he could move towards the chairs, he was stopped by Dan's hand on his shoulder. "What in blazes is the matter Dan that made you run into my office the way you did?"

After regaining his breath, Daniel pulled the opened letter from inside of his jacket pocket and thrust it into Tyler's hands. "What's this?" Tyler asked with confusion and curiosity.

     "I suggest you read it, Ty, then we leave immediately for your home, its a matter of life and death with Angel!" He stressed out. When Tyler opened up the letter and read it, he felt like all his breath was knocked from his body. Without even thinking, about what he would look like to his staff, Tyler whirled about, grabbed his jacket from the peg on the wall and ran out the door with Daniel in his wake and whistled for a hackney, to take him to his house and to stop the threat that was going to try and murder his second wife and his unborn child. When the Hackney came into view he waved the driver down, ripped open the door and jumped within and shouted to the driver the address to his estate. "Do you know, what are wives are doing at my home?" He asked Daniel. Dan turned to Tyler and shook his head, 

       "All Aspen told me this afternoon, before I came to your office was that she was going over to your house with some other woman to have a baby shower for your wife. Many women would be in attendance there, including Marian and Mrs. Brewster from the orphanage."

          "Do you think that Ms. Hood, would be there?" Daniel looked at him in confusion, "Wouldn't she have too, since she works at your estate?"Tyler shook his head,  "No, we privately discussed to dismiss her the other day. She was supposed to leave the premises yesterday, so if she is there, I hope that she isn't thinking about doing something stupid in regards to seeking revenge. But by chance that she is at the house, we must get there as soon possible." With that, Tyler shouted at the driver to go faster by any means and that he would double his pay if he could get them to his home with all due haste. The driver upon hearing that he would get double the amount for his troubles flicked the reigns hard and began gaining speed and raced towards his destination.