Chapter 42.

Once they were secluded in his study, Tyler walked over to the whiskey decanters, filled two glasses and brought one over to Archer. After taking a sip of his drink, Tyler wondered what was so important, that Archer wished to speak to him. "What is it, that you wished to speak to me?"

Archer swallowed all of his drink and regarded Tyler with a look that he would give his own grandson Ramsay. "After the way that you provided the information I needed to interrogate Aimee, I could see that you would make a fine deputy. That is what I wished to ask of you. Would you follow me in coming back to America, and settling your family and friends in Bannock Montana? My grandson's new post is situated in a small western town, called Bannock. I overheard his lordship reply that he has sent his wife to an insane mental institution. But what does she stay there to guarantee  that you or Angel will remain to be safe here in England? I purpose that you should come with me and begin anew. Will you think about my request and talk it over with Angel?"

Tyler rolled the idea in his head and thought to himself briefly, that a new location would indeed be a good idea. He could see that both Angel and William were worried about the situation regarding their 'grandmothers' mental state. He wanted to ensure that his children and their future generations would be safe from any further attempts on their lives. Since he was the head of the household, he would make the final decision in relocating his family, but it would be wise to consult with his wife. With that thought in his head, Tyler nodded to Archer and told him that he would think about his question and that he would indeed talk it over with his wife. They were just about to exit the room when the door opened in a hard manner and a panicked Aimee was clinging to the door frame with a panicked gaze.

    "My lord, it's her ladyship; she's gone into labor!" With that, both Tyler and Archer raced out of the room and began running toward the drawing room. They were stopped by Aspen, who was barring the door to the drawing room, "What do you mean; that I cannot go into the room? My Wife is in there!"

Aspen gave Tyler an annoyed look and smiled, "Tyler! Men do not belong in the birthing room, wherever that room may be, and since Angel so happened to begin her labor in this very room, this is where she will stay. We have already called for the doctor, and he will be here momentarily. Only him and Sarah, as well as Marian, shall be allowed within!"

Tyler sighed in a frustrated tone. He wanted so very badly to be in there with his wife when she was trying to bring their child into the world. In fact, he promised her that he would. Tyler began pacing the hallways. He stopped briefly when he saw Robinson escorting the doctor to the room. But before the doctor could enter, Tyler laid his hand on the doctor's shoulder and stopped him, 

     "Doc, could I come in with you?" The doctor regarded his lordship's request, shook off his hand and shook his head. 

      "My apologies, M'lord, but men don't belong in the birthing room. I am an exception, since I am a doctor, and I assist the women in bringing forth children into this world. Now calm yourself, M'lord, all will be well. Soon you'll be able to greet the new addition to your family." 

The doctor said as he opened the door and went on inside. Again Tyler resumed his pacing of the hallways floors. He glanced at the hallway clock and felt even more frustrated when he got to see that it was only a few moments. He could hear the little screams and the painful moans coming from within the room. What was taking so long, he wondered. Soon Cameron and James came down from the nursery and approached him. They were both told by Julia that they were responsible to inquire as to the commotion that was occurring downstairs. Tyler could see that both of the boys were worried as to what was happening with their mother, so Tyler took a hold of both of their hands and squeezed, silently telling them that everything was going to be alright! As the clock chimed Ten, Tyler got up from the chair he was sitting in and placed his ear on the door's paneling, hoping to hear any form of noise. He prayed that all was going well. He vowed to himself that if he heard Angel scream one more time he would burst into the room and gather her into his arms and help her in any way that he could.

Inside the room, Angel was struggling with her labor, and she felt rather than seeing the worried looks of the people who surrounded her. It was taking too long; wasn't it? Surely she should have been done with her labor, right? She was thrust out of her thoughts when another spasm rippled through her abdomen and lower back, Angel heaved in a sigh and twisted on the carpet. Why wasn't Tyler here? He promised that he would be by her side! She felt cloth on her forehead and saw that Marian was wiping away her sweat. She told her to go and fetch Tyler, that she wanted him to be with her. Marian shook her head in a negative motion, 

       "I am so sorry Angel, but the doctor won't allow Tyler inside, he said that men, don't belong within."

Angel gasped when another pain flowed down her body, she could hear vaguely the doctor encouraging her to push, so taking in a deep breath, Angel pushed and strained with all her might. Again she heard the doctor command her to push! So she tried again, and again and again, and still the child refused to come out. When another pain rippled through her, Angel let it out and she bellowed out the pain and waited for Tyler to hear her and burst into the room.