Chapter 13.

After the party was over, Daniel; Aspen; and Tyler left the Hammerstein's home and traveled back to Tyler's estate. When they were all settled in the library and were served some evening refreshments, both Dan and Aspen waited for Tyler to explain what happened and why Angel ran off. After taking a sip from her glass of wine, Aspen rested her hand on Dan's lap and smiled at him. "Tyler, how did you confront her? In which manner, did you begin the conversation?" Tyler choked a little on his whiskey, "I beg your pardon Aspen, what did you say?" 

Aspen repeated her question. Tyler swallowed nervously. "I, stroked her cheek and I gazed into her eyes, then I kissed her! Then I asked her my inquiry." Aspen laughed softly and rolled her eyes heavenward, "Tyler that is not how to ask the woman whom you like a question! The reason she fled was because you made her feel humiliated. Angel probably felt that you cherished her and that you cared for her deeply, she was probably lost in the moment,  but then you ruined it." Daniel nodded his agreement,  "If you really want to know what we discussed, you could have asked me." 

Tyler heaved a great big sigh and hung his head as his shoulders slumped. He then looked over to his best friend, "Alright, prey, what were you conversing with her about?" Daniel chuckled. "Why you of course! I simply asked her the same thing I asked you when we were strolling through the park on the day we met her and her young son." Tyler had to think back, what were they discussing that day anyway? He asked himself. Then the thought hit him, "We were trying to figure out who was behind the sabotages to my campaign as well as to the murder of Eleanor, correct?" 

Dan nodded. "But, I don't understand, what request did you ask me?" Dan got up from the settee, placed his glass on the side table and approached him. He then placed his hands hard upon Tyler's shoulders and glared into his eyes, "Can't you really remember? Seriously, buddy, it couldn't be that hard to recall. I have been bugging you a lot ever since Eleanor passed away!" "Alright! Out with it. You know that I have been preoccupied with the campaign as well as to the hiring of another tutor for James. He has run off the fourth one in only a matter of a month and a half. I can't simply remember the conversation we supposedly had a week ago." Tyler insisted as he ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "We were asking her to become your wife!"  Aspen blurted out. 

       "We wanted her to become a mother to your children, and to support you in your endeavors. Admit it, Ty, you like her. It is obvious that you do, we wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the town agreed with us." Tyler's jaw dropped in shock. He again thrust his fingers through his hair as he stared at his friends, "How could you ask her that? She probably hates me, especially on how I conducted myself towards her tonight, surely she wouldn't agree to my proposal!"

      "Poppycock!"  Aspen spoke back at him in her usual tone.  "I agree that you didn't handle matters smoothly, Ty. You were simply out of practice on how to woo a beautiful young woman. But, I don't think she hates you. Now, enough of this nonsense! Wallowing in self-pity is not going to straighten out these matters, Ty. Give her a few weeks to settle the feelings in her own heart! She'll come around eventually." Tyler grinned as he listened to Aspen. 

       "Try to spend a few afternoons with her. Get to know her and her family. Begin a relationship with her young son. There are so many things you could do, to show her that you like her,  that you want to spend the rest of your life with her. Look, Ty, Christmas will soon be upon us, and it is around this time that all young girls will be looking for something romantic to happen to them." Tyler nodded his head in agreement with Aspen's suggestion. He then stood up abruptly, swallowed down the rest of his glass of whiskey and smiled. "You're right. It's time I stopped pondering on Eleanor's death, I loved her dearly, but she is gone. It's time that I look for a new wife and a mother for my children! Angel Kent would make the perfect wife and mother to James; Julia; Andrew and Sophie. Come we have a lot to do. Plus we have your wedding to attend to it as well, perhaps on the eve of your wedding day, when she is feeling welcomed and wanting something romantic to happen to her, I'll approach Lord William Kent and ask for Angel's hand in marriage."