Chapter 29.

Marian removed herself from Lady Steele's embrace, and using the handkerchief that was given to her, she dabbed away her tears and plastered a smile on her face.  "I'll admit, that I am still saddened to hear about John's murder, but I wasn't crying because of the flowers, I was shedding happy tears. I haven't seen any daffodils growing here since I moved from my home in America and followed John here. My mother's favorite flower is the daffodil, and our home was surrounded by them. Oh, how I miss them. I don't know how I am to tell my mother about John's death when I write to her next. Could I ask for your given name? I feel silly calling each other by our titles, now that we have shared tears and handkerchiefs."

She said laughing. Lana then got up from where she was sitting with Julia and rushed to her mother's side and hugged her furiously. "Mama, your laughing again! Does this mean we don't have to wear black anymore? I want to wear my favorite color again! I miss Papa, but I don't think he would want us to feel sad forever, and three weeks does feel like forever!" Lana said, her wording didn't sound like it came out of a nine-year-old but someone who thought well beyond her years. Marian gazed at her daughter and readjusted Johnathan who laid in her arms and nodded at her. "Your absolutely right, my sweet. Your father wouldn't want us feeling sad for him, he would want us to remember all the good times we had with him. Go and change out of that black dress and start wearing your red dresses again, I know you have been eager to do so. In the process, you can show your room to Julia, while I talk with her mother over a nice cup of tea."

Marian watched as the girls ran up the stairs and disappeared into the second floor. She then guided Angel and walked towards the kitchens and saw a few maids doing their chores in the hallways, she stopped and ordered them to open up the drapes and light up the house. The Elliott household was done with mourning!!