1• Where are you?

• C H A R L O T T E •

Ping!

Unknown number
Where are you?

I squinted at my new text notification, slightly disorientated. Let's take a step back first.

Today's my 21st birthday party and my best friends, Violet, Sam, Keke and Jess, were adamant that it would be one I never forget. Although, considering how many shots they encouraged, maybe I would forget it all.

I plopped down on the black leather couch in the corner of Violet's apartment and, with great difficulty, unlocked my phone. I furrowed my brows tensely as I focused on the message from Unknown Number. The more I focused, the more the thud-thud of my party slipped away into the background.

Char
Party. You?

This was all I could manage at this point. Before I could wait for a reply, Keke pulled me back to the dance floor.

----------------------------------------------
The burning hot sunlight streaming through Violet's floor-to-ceiling windows aggravated an already-ailing migraine from which I was suffering. I let out an annoyed groan and slowly peeped. I was sprawled out on the soft fleece carpet in Violet's living room. Just then, the combination of the sunlight and my buzzing phone right beside my ear forced me to wake up fully.

With my eyes barely open, I checked my phone for the cause of its incessant buzzing.

Unknown Number
What party? Weren't you the one heading to Australia with me?

Unknown Number
I'm gonna miss my flight

Unknown Number
Why aren't you answering my calls?

Unknown Number
I'm gonna board the flight

Unknown Number
Will just meet you there

Unknown Number
Where are you?

I stared at the messages, utterly perplexed. What's going on?

"Huh?" I mumbled to herself.

Char
I'm so confused

I stared at the screen, waiting for Unknown Number to respond. I can't remember if I had to meet someone at the airport and if I did, I can't remember who it was or why I had to supposedly meet them. 

Unknown Number
It's fine. Hugo is handling the Australian leg now and then you can meet us in NZ

Australian leg? As in an Australian person's leg? Is that just dumb or am I still drunk?

Char
Who's Hugo?

I thought for a moment and then sent another message.

Char
Actually, who are you?

I stared at the screen for a little longer. There was no reply. Damn this Unknown Number! Now they've peaked my curiosity but right now, I can't really focus on that because my head feels like someone broke it in half and I'm 96.7% sure that in any moment, I'm about to hurl.

___________________________

Author's Note: Hey guys! So I decided to try my own text/social media fanfic story. Do you think I should continue?
Please let me know your thoughts and comment, vote 💜❤️😊 it really would mean so much!

Lots of ‪ ‬,
K