17• Boyfriend

Note: hi guys, please answer the question in the Author's Note after reading 😊
‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬‪♡ ‬

• C H A R L O T T E •

After dinner, and roughly a 45 minute drive, we arrived at venue two of my date with Justin. And, oh what a venue it was.

Exiting the SUV, Justin and I were faced with a stationary helicopter rested on the tarmac. I gulped.

"Surprise," Justin placed his hand on my lower back and gestured to the helicopter with his other hand.

"Woah," I squeaked.

"What's wrong?" Justin turned to me, his smile dropping into a frown.

"Nothing, I swear. I'm just... I... I'm kinda afraid of heights," I muttered, beyond embarrassed.

"Really?" Justin's eyebrows rose.

"I know, I know. It's kinda embarrassing," I turned my head away and tucked stray hairs behind my ear.

"No, not at all. It's just... I love finding out new things about you," he turned my head toward him with his finger tucked under my chin, "don't ever be embarrassed around me."

I nodded slowly and a smile gradually graced my face. Justin has some kind of power where he can instantly put me at ease.

"I can't believe anything that's happened tonight is real," I confessed.

"Believe it," Justin grabbed my hand, "come on, we should get going," he guided us toward the helicopter, "after you, Angel," Justin opened the helicopter door and stepped aside for me. I climbed in and sat down comfortably. Justin followed.

Instantly, I felt nervous. I was trying to think about anything other than the fact that we were going to be miles high in the sky. Justin obviously picked up on that - not that it was subtle - and interlaced our fingers.

"Breathe," he whispered, "just close your eyes and squeeze my hand if you get really scared."

I took in a deep breath and squeezed his hand. I tried to focus on just him and forget about the heights. His thumb rubbed my hand soothingly. I focused on that. His leg brushed against the side of my leg. I focused on that. His gentle whispers of calming me down tickled my ears. I focused on that. What heights?

"Charlotte?" Justin asked, "open your eyes."

I inhaled, preparing myself, and slowly opened my eyes. Tightly gripping Justin's hand with mine, I gazed out at the dark night sky and the twinkling city lights below us.

"Oh my god. Wow," I gushed. My heart was racing, probably because my fear-induced adrenaline was thriving.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Justin asked.

"Oh, yeah. It really is," I affirmed.

"Hey, I actually wanted to ask you something..." Justin announced.

I turned to him and squeezed his hands twice consecutively, waiting for his question.

"So... we've been hanging out... not for that long, actually but we've known each other... and been getting to know each other for a few months now and... I... I really like you, Char. So I was wondering... well, I was..." Justin sighed and looked down, an adorably nervous grimace plastered on his face.

"You were wondering what?" I pressed.

Justin looked up at me and sucked in clean air. His shallow dimple formed on his right cheek and he exhaled heavily, "will you be my girlfriend?"