62• Christmas Eve

Note: This one goes out to all the Charstin fans 🎁
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
____________________________

24 December 2017

• J U S T I N •

Char had been busy for the past two days. She refused to tell me with what she was busy, so when she texted me earlier this afternoon to come over, I felt at ease. I missed her when she wasn't with me.

I jogged up the stairs to her apartment and just as I was about to hammer my knuckles against the door, the door opened. Sam stood in front of me with an alarmed look on her face.

"Justin," she said with wide eyes.

"Hey, Sam," I said, curiously. I've never seen her so shocked and jittery.

"Justin."

"You said that part already," I joked. Maybe a joke would make her less wound up. She looked like she was about to faint, throw up or both from nervousness.

"Right. What are you doing here?" She stepped forward when I did, preventing me from entering the apartment.

What the hell?

"Uhm, Char asked me to come over," I said hesitantly. Why's Sam acting like she hates me? Did I do something wrong?

"How do you know?" She crossed her arms across her chest and awkwardly shifted from side to side before cementing her stance.

"Well, because she texted me saying 'hey, can you please come over now'," I raised my eyebrow at Sam, hoping this would warrant me entrance into the apartment.

"Uh... well... that could mean anything," Sam fumbled.

What? I'm pretty sure it can't.

"Sam, what's going on?" I sighed.

"Why would you— why would you think something's going on? You obviously misunderstood Char's message. Or maybe you got it late or something," Sam shrugged and cast her eyes down.

"Can I just see Char, please?"

Sam's head snapped up and she responded fast, "no. I mean, Char's not here."

"What? Okay? Well, can I come in and wait?"

"No," Sam stood solidly in the doorway, "I'm... busy with... cleaning... the house."

"Alright, I'll just go home then," I shook my head and turned to head back to my car when I felt Sam's hand on my shoulder.

"Wait," she said in a panic-stricken voice.

I slowly turned and faced her. I raised my eyebrows, questioningly. What is going on with her?

"I... lied. Uhm," she paused and looked around a bit, "Uhm... I... I got Char to..." she looked like she was thinking, deeply, "I was embarrassed to ask you directly so I got Char to ask you to come here," she nodded, seemingly pleased with something. Weird.

"To ask me what?"

"Uhm, I... need advice?" She said, sounding like a question.

"Oh. On what?"

"M-Maybe... maybe you should just come inside," Sam said, sounding urgent.

She's acting so strange. One second she's trying to get rid of me and the next she needs my help. What the heck is going on?