Chapter 1

[Vic pov]
*5 years later*

"I swear Jaime don't make me hex you" I say to him because he's being his usual annoying self, talking and not shutting up.

We're currently on the train to Hogwarts, this is going to be my sixth year, and Mike's fifth. I can't believe that my time here is almost over. But I can't dwell on it right now. I'm sitting with Jaime, Mike and Lynn but she's busy reading a book.

"Langlock" I muttered. That's the hex to get someone to shut up. It pretty much glued his tongue to top of his mouth.

Lynn looked up from her book and giggled at him. Mike bursts out laughing too.

"Serves you right Hime" Mike said.

There is a counter curse but I'll wait until we get school. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet. We spend the rest of the trip to Hogwarts quietly, Mike eventually fell asleep and Jaime was either staring at me or out the window. Lynn still had her nose in the book she was reading.

We finally arrive at the Hogsmead station and we're in our the carriage to Hogwarts. Jaime glares at me to counter curse him.

"Are you going to know when to not talk?" I say. And he nods. I say the counter curse and he starts again.

"Thanks" he says sarcastically.

Once at school we head into the Great hall with everyone else. And we all sit at Gryffindor table and wait for headmistress McGonagall to speak. I didn't care about he sorting ceremony I saw so many it's annoying now. But we have to wait through it. Then I look over to the Slytherin table to see if I see him.

I do see him sitting with his friends. He looks so good this year. The he I'm referring to is Kellin Quinn, he's in the same year as Mike. The guys have caught me many times in the past looking and staring at him. And they always tease me that I'm being a wimp for not ever going up and talking to him. I've had a crush on him since second year when he arrived at Hogwarts. He's friendly with Mike, but not enough to hang out with regularly.

"Is Viccy staring at Kellin again?" I hear Mike tease.
I slap him. So he knows to shut up.

"Yeah dude, why don't you just talk to him" Jaime chimes in.

"Yeah, and I can langlock you again" I refuted.

He shut up after that. Lynn is very quiet and almost unnoticed when she's reading her books but even this she puts the book down to put her two cents in as well.

"Vic you can just say hi to him" she says.

"Like it's so easy, he's never even noticed me or paid any attention to my existence, so it's not worth it, now can we all just shut up about it, before you all are hexed" I tell them.

After the feast in the Great hall we head up to Gryffindor tower and into the common room, to the dormitories.

Now that it's morning and I have my first class which is Divination, I don't particularly like this class but it's better then some that I have to take. So Jaime and I walk to professor Trelawney's room to get this over with. When Jaime elbows me in the ribs.

"What was that for" I stated to him.

"Look who it is Vic" he said wriggling his eyebrows.