Chapter 14

[Vic pov]

Today is the first time I've seen Kellin in class, actually scratch that, it's the first time I've been able to look at him in class since everything last week.

In charms class again, and now Flitwick has the two of us practicing the patronus again. He called Kellin up first, a couple of minutes ago and is telling him how to do it again. I hope for his sake he can get it. I hope I can to, so I don't have this on a pile of other things that I can't do.

Next thing I hear Kellin say the incantation and soon a white light comes out of his wand. His patronus takes the shape of a, a unicorn. How unusual. Flitwick taught us that unicorns are very rare patronus' only about 300 wizards in the entire wizarding history have had one as a patronus.

Each patronus has a meaning for that individual like for example Kellin's unicorn means pure logic and analytical intellect, purity and creative imagination, opening oneself up to things that cannot be rationally understood and a suspension of disbelief. Also Lynn's eagle or raven, means wisdom through intelligence, symbol of strength; creation and destruction, spiritual and very introspective and savior of time spent alone. Tony's turtle patronus means knowing how to retreat within yourself; using your own strengths to shield yourself, teaches you to stay grounded and keeping your feet firmly in reality. And finally, Jaime's dog patronus, which is one of the most common patronus animals to have, means companionship, loyalty and protection; teaches one to be a good friend, unconditional forgiveness, good intuition, quick learning and intelligence.

Flitwick calling me up to do it again takes me out of my reading of the textbook of patronus' and back to what we have to do. I go up in front of the class and do what I have to do. I think of the happiest thing I can think of.

"Expecto Patronum" I say.

Suddenly a white light shoots out of my wand and takes the shape of a, a unicorn? What? Mine can't possibly be a unicorn too.

"Interesting" I hear Flitwick say next to me.

"What is sir" I ask him.

"Well that Mr. Quinn and yourself couldn't produce a patronus last week then suddenly this week you both can let alone have the sameone, it's just curious" he says to me. But not loud enough for the rest of the class to hear.

I look back out to the class and their looking at me with I think confusion. Then my eyes drift to Kellin he's looking at me with a shocked look. Same with Lynn and Jaime. I went to sit back down, and Jaime is still looking at me.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing" and he looks away.

I roll my eyes and try and to pay attention to what Flitwick is going on about. We are starting a new topic now that we both got it. He wasn't going on until we both got it. So I assume that he's thankful that he can move on with the class now.

Now that charms is over I head out with Jaime and Lynn to our next class. I can't help but think about why we would both have the same animal. But class after class I still can't stop thinking about it. I wonder if Kellin has the same thoughts too.

I think I need to talk to Kellin about this.

I know I see him in the hall after this class so I'll pull him aside so we can talk. It's the only way I can think of to talk to him without Oliver knowing, cause he's still in the hospital. Which I think he's being a bit over dramatic about it. But it's whatever.