Chapter 7

[Vic pov]

It's after hours and I need to head back to the dungeons to get more ingredients to the potion I brewed last week. It works great, better then the weed did in the muggle world. I'm really glad I came across it in the textbook. But Jaime and Mike have been watching me all the time it's actually quite annoying. Over the weekend we all went to the Three Broomsticks and had a butterbeer. I've been drinking that draught of peace potion all week and I need to make more that's why I'm in the dungeons right now. I didn't realize that Sluggy's classroom was near the Slytherin common room until now.

Anyway I snuck into the room, and gathered the ingredients and it took a while since he moved things around I had to find them. But I was trying to be as quick as possible.

I heard a door open I freaked out and turned around but there was no one there. So it must be near by. I gathered everything and put them in my pockets and left the classroom.

"Lumos" I whispered when I took out my wand, since it's dark down here, and my wand lit up. I have to make sure I don't bump into anything.

I walked maybe ten feet from the classroom and I heard crying, it wasn't like full out sobbing but more like whimpers. I pointed my wand towards the sound and I saw Kellin sitting there on the floor with his face in his hands.

"Kellin?" I said just above a whisper.

He looked up at me. I think he was shocked to see me, I wouldn't doubt it. I am in the dungeons at night and I'm a Gryffindor so I guess that would be a bit weird.

"V-Vic?" He said in a confused way. I waved at him.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothings wrong, what are you doing down here?" He asks me, changing the topic.

"Obviously something's wrong if your crying on the floor in the hallways" I said.

"It's no big deal really, and you didn't answer my question" he said back, defensively.

"I was going for a walk, and I ended up here" I lied a little. I didn't want to say I was stealing from Slughorn.

"Oh" he said.

"Wanna tell me the real reason your crying? I won't say anything" I asked.

"No, it's nothing really" he said.

"Ok, as long as your sure, well I'm going off to bed, goodnight, and feel better" I said. And I walked off. I looked back and I saw him walking back into the common room.

Something is definitely up with him. I understand if he didn't want to tell me, since we don't really know each other that well, but I was just trying to be nice. But I noticed bruises on his arm and a red mark on his face. I didn't want to say anything cause it wasn't my business to know, but I can't help but to think that Oliver was the cause. If he's hurting Kellin then he'll have hell to pay.

I made it back to the Gryffindor common room and I went up to the dormitory and set the ingredients aside and I laid on my bed. I'll make the potion in the morning. I think to myself. Kellin was definitely being defensive and avoiding the topic. I mean, I know he probably didn't expect someone to be there that late or whatever, but still. I gave the opportunity to tell me, but yet again he shut it down. And we don't know each other that well, I really wish I knew him better, and why he was crying.