Chapter 18

[Vic pov]

It's been two days and I haven't spoken to Kellin since the library incident. Actually I've tried but he's still mad at me for no reason and he still thinks I'm the one who told the Daily Prophet about him. So he just ignores me. My stupid crush on him hasn't gone away, either. In fact I think it's only gotten worse. It still hurts me that I can't move on like everyone keeps saying I should. But Mike promised to talk to Kellin in class tomorrow. I haven't left the common room since Friday evening when Kellin and I last spoke. Of course once I got back from the Three Broomsticks. After that I didn't leave the whole weekend.

Like I know it's my birthday or whatever, and my friends keep trying to get me to do something. But I don't feel like it. Even before this whole Kellin drama occurred I was never really one to make a big deal about my birthday. Like I also know that turning 16 is like a big deal for some people but to me it's just another year and another number.

"Come on Vic, let's got out and celebrate!" Mike says to me.

"Why?" I stated uninterested.

"Because it's your birthday and we're going make you happy for this one day"

"Good luck with that" I said sarcastically.

Mike just rolled his eyes at me. I know I'm being difficult, but they don't understand what I'm going through with all the melodrama around Kellin. They don't know the extent to which I like him. They think it's a little crush that should go away with time. But it's really not, it's more than that, I know that. I even think Kellin knows that, because there was something between us when we kissed. I felt it and I know he did too.

"Fine we'll go out to the Three Broomsticks and you can have a lousy butterbeer but please try and have a good time" he says to me.

"We'll see" I say.

Then we were off. Going to the secret passageway on the third floor. We had to pass the library on the way down and I did see Kellin, and he saw me, the he had a sad look on his face but I kept going. He was the one who accused me of something so until he makes the first move this is how it's going to be. I hate how it's come to this, but he won't let me talk to him anymore.

We all got to Hogsmade and we went into the Three Broomsticks and I really didn't feel like having one actually, as weird as it sounds I just didn't feel like doing anything, but sleeping. I took sips out of the butterbeer I got. Now my friends are just looking at me like I have three heads or something.

"What?" I say.

"It's just your usually on your third by now and your not even half way through the first" Jaime says to me.

"Sorry if I don't feel like it today" I say nonchalantly.

"Vic don't worry I'll straighten everything out tomorrow with him. Ok please just try and enjoy your birthday it's only once a year and I want you to remember that turning 16 was a good one" Mike said.

"Ok I get that but I can't alright. You don't understand" I say sadly back to them.

"Then help us too" Lynn says.

"Look, I appreciate you guys trying to help, I do, but I don't think you can fix this one it's a lot more than you know" I say.

"What do you mean?" Mike says.

"Look I think I'm just going to walk around for a while, I'll see you all back in the common room later" I say dismissing the question, then I stand up and leave the bar.

I don't really know where I'm going to go. But who cares I'll find my way back eventually. I go into Honeyduke's to look around. I didn't buy anything, but there was something in there that caught my eye. Maybe I'll buy it for him another day hopefully. But I left and just walked around.

Since Hogsmede is near the forest I think I'll just walk in a little way then head back. I use this time alone to think to myself, not that I don't already think to much, but like always it's about Kellin. Was there anything I thought of that didn't involve him? No I don't think so.

As bad as it sounds like I was some kind of stalker to him. I wasn't, I just really enjoyed looking and being around him, then I got to know him a little and then the kisses. They were . . . just amazing. I probably liked it a little to much, for my own sake. Now nothing.

I still can't get him off my mind. I don't think I ever  will at this point. I decided that I've walked enough and I think that I'll just head back to the castle now. So I head back to Hogsmade and then to the passageway to Hogwarts. What am I going to do. I still love him and I don't know what's going to happen. I want to talk to him but he won't listen to me no matter how hard I try. He's set on what he thinks and I wish I could change it.

Some birthday this turned out to be, once I was actually friends with him last week I was actually thinking of asking him out. But that's all changed now. If he gave me a chance, he might actually have changed his mind about me. I really wanted to ask him out and I had everything planned out. Everything is changed and I hope we can get back to that soon.

I don't know how much longer I can deal with him ignoring me. It was different before, he didn't know about me liking him. That was before the kisses accrued that was before I knew he liked me back. That was before everything.

I really hope Mike is able to work some magic with him, not like actual magic, just get him to listen and stuff. But throughout all my thinking I didn't realize that I'm back at the castle and I'm just going to go up to bed and stay there until class tomorrow. What else is there to do?

____________

I know the chapter is shorter again, but I'll get back to writing longer chapters again. Also sorry it's been a while, I was busy this past week so hopefully I'll update soon after this one. I'll also be updating my new story this weekend too just fyi. Kellin pov next chapter. Anyway stay awesome =)