01

Ooh, mackerels! So Hak is totally one of my favorite characters and even though I ship him with Yona soooo muchhh, I also realllyyy like him toooo~ that's why I decided on making a Hak x Reader since I want all my Hak fantasies to come true lolololololol

Y/N's POV

"Don't act like I don't know that you're up to something," I spat at Soo-Won as he smirked next to me.

"Darling, I guess you'll just have to watch it happen," he smiled as he leaned in towards me.

"Yeah, right," I scoffed, placing a dagger against his neck as he grinned.

"Oh? Sweetheart, I dare you to try to even cut me. Please, by all means, kill me," he didn't move as he stared at me, a threat in his eyes.

Narrowing my eyes, I moved the dagger away from his neck, only to stab his shoulder as he cried out in pain.

"Y/N, you sure are gutsier than any other royalty I know, I will give you that," he hissed, pulling the dagger out as Kye-Sook rushed to his aid.

"Oh look, one eye moron joined the show," I groaned, standing as Kye-Sook glared at me.

"As a queen, you sure have no re-"

"Respect?" I scoffed, turning around to face the advisor I despised. "Coming from you? Don't make me laugh," I smirked, walking out of the room.

Pathetic.

That's what I was.

As a queen, I wasn't able to do anything for my kingdom. My people, the harsh treatment they received, I couldn't take it. Knowing that I could end their suffering, I agreed to the engagement. I was aware that he's receive more power and strength with my name against his.

I should've found another way, but when it came to the lives of my people and my kingdom, sacrificing myself is the least I can ever do for them.

"Your majesty," a young maid came in to bow at me as I frowned.

"Raise your head, there's no need to lower yourself in front of me. We stand equals, I am no higher than you," I smiled, raising her chin.

She only looked a few years younger than me.

"B-but you are a q-queen," she stuttered as I tsked.

"Yeah, so? What difference does that make?" I sighed, not wanting to make the young girl's job more difficult than it already was. "What do you need from me?"

"His highness, Soo-Won, wanted me to inform you that you two will be going to the Kouka Kingdom in only a few hours time. We shall prepare you for the visit," she bowed once more as I grunted.

"Enough with the whole bowing thing and honorifics to my name," I waved it off as she looked uneasy as I narrowed my eyes in understanding. "Let me guess, that ponytail bastard would have someone's head if they didn't show me 'respect'?" I asked as she gulped and nodded slightly at me.

"Come along, my queen," she pulled me into another room to get me ready as I stared at her.

"I'm sorry," I spoke as she desperately shook her head at me.

"No! For a queen, you sure do apologize a lot, a queen shouldn't do tha-"

"Queens are still normal people," I cut her off. "And when they choose something that isn't the best, they are in the fault to apologize and be sorry for their decision."

"W-well, if you don't mind," she started as I nodded at her to continue. "Since you said that queens are normal people, even normal people make mistakes and it's okay," she looked away as she started to find clothes for me.