10

AHHH BACK FROM MY HELL OF A HIATUS AND TO SEE 905 READS?! Mackerels it really is nice and means a lot to me and I don't know how to thank each of you SOOO IF YOUVE GOT ANY IDEAS THROW EM OUT AND ID LOVE IT! NOOOW on with the storrrrryyy~

I stepped past the fallen body as I walked across the room. I had decided to drag the body out as well, but that seemed like too much work so I gave up half way and just let him lay there.

Sighing, I walked out of the room, stepping into the sunlight as I went to the side of the wall.

There had to be a secret passageway to the dungeons somewhere hidden among the walls. If I could find that, it would lead me to Arashi.

Pressing my hand against the pavement that made the walls, I looked for a loose or tight square, one that was off balance. After a while, my hand skimmed across a brick that was indented.

This was it.

Before I had time to press it in, my name was called out as I spun around, seeing another royal soldier come to my side.

"Your highness, are you alright?" He huffed out as I raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, of course, why?"

"It seems as though someone had attacked the soldier that stood by you," he said, confused as he scratched his head.

"Oh, really?" I faked surprise as I internally groaned.

I knew I should have hid the body.

Darn my past lazy self making trouble for my future self.

"That's so awful! Gosh, who would dare to do such a thing?" I placed my hand over my mouth as the guard bowed.

"Whatever may have happened, the king says the most important thing is your safety."

I resisted the urge to scoff and roll my eyes as I stared at him.

"What king? Wasn't the king assassinated?"

"Oh, yes. Well Soo-Won is being crowned the new king of Kouka," he informed me as I groaned in my head.

Great.

"That's quite wonderful, I'm sure he wants me to go see him?" I sighed as he nodded.

Walking away from the scene as soldiers crowded around the body, I made my way to the palace entrance. I stepped in and walked through the halls to come to the room Soo-Won claimed as his. Entering without knocking, Soo-Won turned to me.

"Ah, you're here. With no manners I see," Kye-Sook spoke out first.

"You should know by now that rude people get treated rudely," I replied, taking a seat as I propped my feet on his desk, my gown sliding down to around my knees as I leaned back.

"Your dress!" He hissed as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Uhm, excuse you. It's a gown," I corrected as he fumed.

"You were called here to discuss our wedding," Soo-Won said as he locked his eyes onto my slumped form.

"Have posture before a king!" Kye-Sook hissed again as I rolled my eyes again.

"Gosh, shut up. I'm tired of this," I stood, pushing back the chair as my gown pooled at my feet once more. "Let me get this through your ugly skull," I said, jabbing a finger against Kye-Sook's head. "I'm a blood born queen. A filthy sick scum like you can't order me around. Nor can your illegal dirty king," I pointed back at Soo-Won.

"Your mouth sure is running, have you become that careless?" Soo-Won raised an eyebrow as I chuckled darkly.

"I always have been, that's what happens when everything is handed to you at birth. I suppose now I'm more laid back," I shrugged my shoulders as I ran a finger across his desk, daring him to go against me.

"Your kingdom is still in my hands, or whatever of it is left," he spoke calmly, but I could see through his mask he was furious and desperate to know why I as at such ease.

"That's what you think," I burst into laughter. "Do you really think I'd happily hand myself over to you and my kingdom? You've gotten quite greedy lately. What's that saying? You can't have your cake and eat it too? Something like that," I waved it off as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"And your point is?"

"I only let you think you have my everything. I'm a damn queen for arrow's sake!" I slammed my hands over the desk. "You think that during all this time you held power over me I had been doing nothing? I just let whatever of my kingdom is left wither away? No, no, you terrible children," I waved a finger at the both of them. "Do you think that much of a fool of me? That's quite sad," I pouted.

"Do you mean to say you have everything of yours back!?" Kye-Sook stepped forward as Soo-Won held an arm out to stop him.

"Ooh, did I say that? I can't remember those exact words gracing my mouth, though sounds wonderful, doesn't it?" I twirled around with a dark grin.

"You're absolutely bluffing," Soo-Won suggested as I winked at him.

"Perhaps, or perhaps not. You can check yourself. Go, go to my kingdom and see if you find my people there, find what you held captive there. Let me tell you that you won't find a pleasing sight for your eyes. Go back to check what you left, because I guarantee you that when you captured everything of mine, it wasn't all just ashes," I smirked as Kye-Sook looked at me with bewildered eyes.

"There's no way," Kye-Sook breathed out.

"Whatever the matter may be, we still have Arashi," Soo-Won claimed as Kye-Sook's eyes became proud once more that they had the upper hand.

"Then kill him."

"Wh-What?" Soo-Won stammered as he stood in an instant.

"Did I stutter? I know you're not deaf, or maybe your hearing's just impaired," I cocked my head to the side. "Don't you ever learn? I'm like the flame of a candle, too hot to handle."

Before they could reply or make an empty threat at me, Soo-Won's men came into the room.

"Your majesty, every preparation for the wedding between you and Queen Y/N is now entirely complete."

"Oh, yes!" I turned around. "I forgot to ask for my own special event, silly me. When's the wedding?" I smiled at the man as he nodded at me.

"Tonight."

"Splendid," I smirked.

Oooh! This was a fun chapter to write out lol all of them are >v< AND I FORGOT TO SAYYY!! OKAY SO MY BESTIE TOLD ME THAT THIS FANFIC IS ACTUALLY IN THE TOP RESULTS FOR WHEN YOU SEARCH FOR HAK X READER LIKE WOAHHH BLOODY PINEAPPLE MACKERELS AHH I WAS SO OVERWHELMED AND HAPPY AND AHH SO MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE READING AND SUPPORTING ME T-T