21

Y/N's POV

Tossing a broken arrow to the side, I walked off, away from my and Hak's last glance.

Though my heart felt like it was going to burst, I felt proud I had accomplished something with my own wish and desire. I wasn't going to be guided by someone, I had to get myself walking down the path. After all, that's how the saying goes.

To lose your path is the way to find that path.

And it's not like I had someone to hold my hand throughout my life anyways. Instead, I had to hold onto Arashi and help him. I didn't have time to think, only left to act on instinct.

Right or wrong, I found that out in the end and worked things out from there. Plus, that's how I had to find a life companion. It was my father's wish to have me wed and have a king by my side.

Of course I didn't ever think of that until I lost my father. Only after did I keep in mind to put a ring on someone.

Wait.

Wasn't it the other way around?

Have a ring put on me by someone?

With a shrug, I tossed the thoughts out of my head for the moment.

Aiming my bow, I bent down as I noted that the wind would spread the scent of blood throughout the area.

"Not my problem, what can I do?" I mumbled, staying against a tree as I tried to sense any vibration over my spine from the tree trunk's roots.

I turned, trying to get a view of over the hill as I felt a sharp pain snap throughout my arm. Wincing, I dropped my bow, the arrow shooting down and skimming against my bare leg as it started to bleed as well.

My gown had barely been left as a gown since I had ripped so much of it off. As blood trailed down my leg, I stood and picked up my bow.

The L/N family line was engraved into the bow as the carvings also were over each arrow.

Taking the blood from my shoulder that was smeared over my hand, I squeezed it over the arrow's tip. Pulling my arm back, I struck the arrow into the tree, leaving my mark behind as I turned away.

I trailed further down, searching for a supply carriage of sorts when I saw a merchant pass by on a horse. He had a large wagon behind him that had a few sacks on top.

"Hello, would you be able to give me your horse and cart?" I asked as he stopped, looking down at me.

"I would happily do so, but these are my only way of bringing money to support my family," he spoke as I saw he was an aged man.

"Then take my jewelry," I offered, glad to get rid of the annoying gold that I was forced to wear.

"No, I couldn't," he refused as I shook my head.

"Worry not, I have far much more. I'm glad that I'll be able to help someone," I started taking off the heavy bracelets and the necklace set.

"It's not a fair deal, my horse isn't the fastest or strongest nor is my wagon the best wood. Yet here you are with such fine pieces," he spoke kindly as I smiled and handed the pile of gold to him.

"Don't mind it, I'm not too fond of gold anyways."

After all, the tip of the arrow and blades that killed my parents were gold.

That's why I only use silver, it's what my family used as well.

"You're far too kind, if only I could give you more than just these used materials," he said as I put the jewelry in a bag and handed it to him.

As he got off the horse, I jumped up, setting my weight over the saddle as I held the reigns.

"Thank you so much," I grinned at him as he stared at my shoulder with a frown.

Before he could speak of assisting me, I waved to him and set off back to where the rest of the crew was.

As I got closer, the area was bright as I saw Arashi had started a small fire outside.

"My queen!"

"Hak," I whispered out on instinct as I saw Arashi rush towards me and I bit my tongue.

"My queen," he called out as he took my hand and pulled me off the horse.

"My storm," I smiled softly at him as he pulled me into his embrace.

His broad chest was warm, contrasting with the cold breeze that was blowing throughout the air. He held me tight, his arms pushing me against him as there was no space between us.

In an instant, his arms came behind my knees as he lifted me up into his arms and my heart skipped a beat.

"Arashi!" I swatted at him to let me down as he simply turned us around and walked towards the fire.

"You're injured to the point of where you're bleeding from more than one area. Why so careless? Was the blue eyed man such a fool as to let you get this hurt?" He spoke harshly as I saw his golden eyes ablaze with the fire's light.

"No, it's not that," I said as he turned his gaze down to me.

"Then maybe I was the fool to send him after you," he said as his arms around me tightened and I stared at him.

"Then why didn't you come after me yourself?"

Where will the heart settle? And with whooooooooo? XD I'm currently at my uncle's house where there is no wifi and I have to use data but I only have enough for important emergencies TAT CRUEL FATE COMING BETWEEN ME AND MY SISTER TALKING TTATT BUT OTHER THAN THAT THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR CONTINUING THE SUPPORT EVEN WITH MY TERRIBLE SCHEDULE HERE!!