05

Bows and arrows.

This isn't good, she really does love him.

"That's great!" She smiled despite the tears that were in her eyes. "I h-hope you two are really happy together!!"

"We will be, as will our future heirs," he grinned as I tried not to snap Hak's arm off.

"You've got a good grip, queen," he breathed out as I looked down to see that his arm was turning a light purple.

Gasping, I instantly let go, seeing the blood rush back and the white marks of my nails engraved into his skin.

"I'm so-"

"I don't accept apologies from royalty, so there's no need. You are a que-"

"Enough," I stood before getting pulled back down my Hak.

Stepping on my dress, I fell forward into his chest as he held me and whispered in my ear.

"Look, I don't know what is between you and Soo-Won, but saying things like that isn't right," I turned my head to see Soo-Won leaving and Yona slowly trailing behind him.

So he breaks her heart like that and she still goes after him?

Pathe-

No.

She's a princess.

I have no right to say something like that.

I stood, pushing Hak's arms off me harshly. I glared at him, my eyes narrowing.

"I don't have the dark intent of lying about something like that. If you don't want to believe me, I don't care. You'll see for yourself tonight so I have no effort to bother with you. My priority is the princess, nothing else," I snapped, turning around to walk away before I heard his voice become small.

"That really will happen?"

I turned around to face him, seeing how torn he was in making his mind up. To have faith in his childhood friend, or take the word of a fallen queen.

That's his choice.

Without a word, I spun back around and walked back into the palace as the guards around me kept their eyes glued onto my figure. Rolling my eyes, I scoffed at them.

"At least make it less obvious that you guys are backstabbers," I laughed, passing them as their grips tightened over their weapons.

Standing with my back facing them, I stayed still.

"Try to kill me, I dare you. Get even a scratch over my skin and I will reward you," I challenged and I sensed their posture tensing up as they fell silent.

I heard one guard pull a dagger out of his jacket, getting ready to launch it forward to my head. He let go, but the blade never reached me. Sighing, I rolled my eyes.

"I could've saved myself," I spat.

"I'm well aware of that, gramps has made sure to drill your legendary reign as queen into me, so worry not," he grinned. "I know how well trained you are and that your fighting skills are top notch, my queen," he teased as an irk mark came over my forehead.

"I'm not even your queen," I hissed.

"Oh, but you are, my queen," he leaned forward as I smacked him away.

"If you're here to waste my time, come back later because I don't have time to waste at the moment," I shot back as I continued walking forward.

"Wait!" He called out behind me, following.

"If you have something to say and it will not piss me off, then speak," I said through gritted teeth.

"Oh. Well then, I know exactly what to say my queen," he started as my eye twitched. "I still do believe we are soulmates, fated by destiny to be tog-"

"I swear, if yo-"

"You shouldn't swear, my queen. A queen doesn't swear," he cut me off.

The nerve of this guy.

And I was fond of him?

"Well, shouldn't we warn the king?" He asked as he walked beside me.

Wait.

He believed me?

This guy.

One second I'm ready to strangle him and the other I respect him and value his life.

"You know, I a-"

"Why isn't Princess Yona in love with you?" I blurted out without thinking as I stared at him.

"Well, queen. I don't know if I just got complimented or insulted."

"Flatter yourself or worry yourself, just answer me."

"How am I suppose to answer that?! I don't know," he responded as he looked at me desperately. "I don't control people's emotions!" He waved his hands around to emphasize his point.

"You're so dramatic for a bodyguard," I replied.

"Oh? What about yours? I'm sure your bodyguard is perfect and all this and th-"

"He's dead."

"What?" Hak cut himself off as he stared at me.

"Is your hearing impaired? I said he's dead. Left this world and is never coming back," I snapped. "So don't dare to bring it up again!" I yelled, letting anger control my actions before letting out a breath and walking away.

He didn't know. I shouldn't have snapped at him like that. And I said he's dramatic. How could he even know of what was done to my people and especially the little boy that guarded me? My eyes glazed over as I pushed away the memories that flooded through.

It doesn't matter anymore.

I'm here to protect the princess. It's what my bodyguard would've wanted his queen to do.

Holding my head up, I smiled.

He'd be at peace now.

Sensing an annoyingly familiar presence behind me, I felt him throw his arms over my shoulders as he leaned on me, his face directly next to mine.

"You're quite insensitive, ya know?"

"You moron!" My eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

"Says the one who is in love with me and needs me all the time~"

Well, I couldn't even defend myself since I did claim to have said that.

"Plus~ you've got to be nice, I mean you do have to raise future heirs, dontcha?"

"Future heirs my a-"

"Language, my queen~"

"If you just came back to bother me, then you can go back to wherever you came from," I hissed at him.

"Well, now you're making me sound like some sort of wild beast," he frowned dramatically.

"You're known as the thunder beast. So I only treated you accordingly," I grinned.

"How would you survive without your soulmate?" He cried out as he completely threw his weight onto me.

"We. Are. Not. Soulmates," I spoke through gritted teeth as he smiled at me.

"Well, we can always have a little fun together, my queen~"

Ooh~ the angsty tragedy is coming up! Knowing Hak, he'd still crack jokes and stay his usual teasing self, irritating his queen~ MWAHHAHAHA XD