27

I had made it away from the burning castle after jumping from the window. Moving through the jungle, I pushed past trees as I now came to stand before the small village the remainder of my people stayed in.

Humbly continuing their lives, I knew that after this, I would never come to disturb them again.

This would be the final visit here, and they knew that.

Yet when I had stepped forward, I was greeted warmly as they bowed in an instant, cheering softly at my arrival.

I noticed the realization in their eyes when they scanned the wounds over me, Arashi's dagger in my hand as they all went onto one knee, their heads lowered.

Silence fell over the area as young and old honored him and tears welled in some eyes.

There were no words exchanged, I felt as though I was unable to even speak anymore, my throat rough from screaming and sobbing.

Then in a flash, I commanded them to raise their heads, and as I saw the sad expressions of many, they knew what this meant.

The death of my guard meant that I was to never return to see them again.

They were now declared free people.

No longer a queen I was, no longer ruled over were they.

I gave a strong smile, despite the shattered feeling I had and I stepped forward.

Immediately the people took their place for the final ritual.

I was taken into a room, clothes moved around as they took my hood off. Wiping away at my wounds, they were treated and I was given the kingdom's water to drink.

I saw torches lighting outside as they prepared for my leave and I could only wear a soft smile at the scene.

Who knew this is what it would all come to?

I never wanted this.

But I could never have what I wanted anyways.

I was dressed in the royal colors, the same ones that Arashi would always wear as I took a deep breath in at the outfit.

Choose the one you want or come up with one of your own!