23

I'm backkkkkkk after so loooong guys he heeeeeeee SO SORRY FOR THE AWFUL UPDATING SCHEDULE AND HAVING NO ROUTINE BUT NOW IVE GOT NO MORE WIFI ISSUES OR ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS EITHER SO WE CAN GET BACK ON TRACK WHich reminds me.... a storm's a brewin in this chapter *~* WOOOAAHHHHH LEGGOO

"Uh, no," I answered sternly as Arashi sped up the horse.

"We are going to find her love," Jaeha said as I tensed.

"Stop it with your stupid talk," I rolled my eyes.

Hak?

As my love?

I got goosebumps just at the thought.

But maybe they were happy goosebumps?

Excitement ones?

"Oh, there she goes off dazing again," Jaeha sighed.

"I am not dazing," I shot back.

"You are, and you have been for the past hours."

"Just shut up," I countered as he let out a breath.

"We're nearly there," Arashi interrupted our bickering as we came over the hill and as we stood in the shade of the trees, the wind tribe stood below us.

My heart sped up at the thought of meeting Hak again and my grip over the reigns tightened as I took a sharp breath in.

"You know what I can't seem to understand," Jaeha started off again as Arashi grunted and rolled his eyes.

"What."

"That no one bothered to take care or at least wrap up any of the queen's injuries."

Silence fell over the group at the sudden realization as I forced a cough out to break the strange silence.

"There's no need for that," I responded as we halted at the gates and I closed my eyes.

Before I could open them again, arms came around my waist to firmly pull me off of the horse and into their chest.

"Exactly, because I will be doing so."

Hak spoke with a bold voice as his eyes met Arashi's and they stared at each other. Arashi's gaze went to Hak's hand which was over me, now stained red from my blood of the open wound.

With a simple nod, Arashi pulled the horse inside as Hak swept me into his arms.

"Let me go!" I said as he shook his head at me.

"Not happening with that shoulder and arm injury," he walked in as a younger boy approached us.

"Oh wow, you're far prettier than Hak told me!" He jumped up to wave at me with a grin as I couldn't help but smile back.

"Hey kiddo," I smiled softly at him as he led us inside.

"Keep quiet," Hak groaned as the boy bounced in front of us as we entered a room.

"Hak, I'll be fi-"

"Do you think I'll believe that in the way that you left me?"

My eyes snapped up to him as his concerned tone made me feel guilty.

"Do you have no idea how crazy it drove me every second without you here?"

He leaned closer to me, his forehead resting against mine as my heart was pounding in my chest and I couldn't think straight.

"Hak, I-"

"Don't say you're sorry," he cut me off.

"I wasn't planning to," I replied back as he leaned away and sighed, a soft smile over his lips at my answer.

"Then I'll say it," he paused to look up at me and I gave him a confused look back in response. "I'm sorry."

"What for?" I relaxed, leaning back on my arms as he looked away.

"For being a nuisance to you and in your life."

"Wait, what?"

"Which is exactly why I'll be heading out tonight to leave you here under protection."

"What, no!" I screeched, standing up in a second to face him as he stayed seated, calm and composed like he hadn't just told me a life changing decision he had made on his own.

"What, yes," he spoke with a grin, even though his eyes were unreadable.

Even his grin was forced, something that I had noticed when he faked smiles, his chin would be lower.

I had picked up on it whenever he gave me those cheeky grins after a dark comment and his chin would be raised. Yet when we were struggling, his smile would be with a lowered chin.

"We'll be better off without each other anyways," he looked away as he spoke and I saw his lower lip tremble slightly.

Lying bastard.

"You can't leave me," I argued and his eyes widened when he looked at me, surprised at my response.

"You can't stop me," he whispered. "You don't need me, you've got Aras-"

"Who ever put that thought in your mind?" I cut him off with a glare. "That I don't need you?" I moved closer to his seated figure while I was still standing.

Grabbing onto his shoulders, I pulled him close to me as I fell into him and he held me tightly. We stayed silent, still in each other's embrace as we made no move.

I felt the steady rise and fall of his chest since he was pressed up against me, him breathing over my neck as I let my fingers wander through his hair.

Rolling my head to the side on his shoulder so I could closely speak to him, his arms went around my lower back, pulling me further into him.

"I need you Hak."

But more than anything,

I wanted Hak.

"You've got Arashi," he argued again and pulled away.

"You've got Yona," I remembered and he nodded.

"Exactly, we'll be leaving tonight."

"Fine then."

He was taken back by my sudden change of mind and I stood to back away from him.

Life didn't work in anyone's favor or choosing anyways.

"I've got my own war to fight too," I reminded him and his eyes widened in panic, getting up to reach out to me but I pulled away from his touch.

"You can't go to him," he stood and I squared my shoulders against him, standing tall.

"You can't stop me," I shot back and I saw him clench his fists.

"You can't go alone," he pointed out and I scoffed, my attitude turning sharp.

"I've got Arashi," I spoke calmly, despite the fire that was raging inside me.

"I won't let you!" He raised his voice as I only narrowed my eyes at him.

"I don't need you, I only need Arashi," I spat bitterly at him and he reached a hand out to me for it to only be smacked away by me.

"Why are you doing this?!" He exclaimed, taking a step forward as I turned to leave the room.

"I don't get it, you're the one leaving me, not the other way around. You need Yona, I need Arashi. You've got a point anyways," I spoke coldly.

I didn't bother to face him anymore either while I spoke, my tone cruel.

"We're better off without each other."

When it seemed like things were so fluffy in the chapter then SHABANG KATANG the angst hits ya lolololol I'm drowning with work so I'm sorry if it seems like I'm not doing my best or that I'm not trying hard enough because I really do care about putting up decent work that I at least think is good enough to publish and I know you all put up with me and stay patient so I couldn't be more grateful honestly seeing how far this story has come, I couldn't be more happier and thankful so worry not, I will not give up on this story or on you guys
thank you so much