24

After storming away from Hak, I stayed by Arashi, seeing Yona dramatically run off to Hak.

Whatever.

Rolling my eyes, it wasn't my concern what went on between them.

"Ready, Arashi?" Addressing him formally was something I did on special occasion which just so happened to be now.

"Ready, que-"

"Drop the honorifics over my name," I spoke lowly, not meeting his gaze as I stared at the sky.

"What!? I can't d-"

"You can because I'm giving you my order," I gazed at him, his red streaks highlighting under the moonlight.

"Yes, Y/N," he bowed and I smiled at the way my name rolled off his tongue.

I couldn't be more honored to have him by my side.

Until death does us part.

Which it felt like tonight, it would.

Brushing the thoughts aside of me possibly not returning, I gave Arashi a small smile as I got up and pulled him up with me.

Holding him in my arms, he was now a bit taller than me despite being younger than me.

I kissed his cheek softly, not knowing if I'd ever be able to spend another day with the only one I considered family.

The only one I had left, I might not even be able to see him go further in life.

I felt my chest swell up as I looked away, the breeze causing the grass to sway under our feet as it had already grown dark long ago.

Even if it meant me following after my parents, I could at least feel proud that I was able to even do something.

Whether it would make my last moments be with him, I'd be happy.

We came into the world in each other's arms, the highest honor for us would be to leave the world that way as well.

"You're crying," I heard Arashi's broken voice and I hadn't even realized the silent tears running down my cheeks.

"That's strange since I'm surprisingly happy."

As long as I kept protecting him until my last breaths, I didn't have any other definition of happiness.

"Y-you're crazy," he repeated the same dialogue we would always quote.

"The best people are," I whispered back, almost afraid of what awaited us.

Little did I know oh how off I was.

Getting onto the horse, Arashi pulled me up after him as I rested my head over his back and he relaxed under my touch.

He pulled his foot back, ready to pull the reigns back as we would charge into the forest as he paused.

And for the first time in a while,

his hesitation frightened me.

Yet it was only for a split second until he whipped the reign down, my hold tightening over him.

Lurching forward into the deep woods, I shut my eyes, the sight of Arashi's bow strapped over his shoulder with my signature over it calming me.

The arrows, each tipped with silver, the ones that were lined with poison, each one that we would let fly through our fingers to strike into our enemy.

With nothing to lose other than our own lives, mercy was long forgotten as our only mission was for the history of  Kouka's King to fall once more again.

I didn't let the thoughts of Hak weigh me down.

Maybe we weren't destined to be together anyways.

Whatever is written in the stars for us will be the fate that may align us together in another lifetime.

Yeah, right.

Once you're dead, you're dead.

--

We had arrived back at Kouka, crouching down behind bushes as we had to get rid of some guards at the gates which caused a commotion.

"Things are going as planned," Arashi spoke with a smile and I grinned back at him, happy to be fighting with him after all these years again.

It felt odd, as though it was too good to be true that I really had him back.

Only to lose him again.

Sighing, I lined an arrow into my bow, my back against Arashi's as we rounded the corner.

Standing against the castle, I let a breath out, seeing two guards as I nodded over at Arashi.

I stepped forward, letting the arrow fly through, the silver glimmering right before it struck into the back of his head.

As he fell down, the guard beside him turned around, on alert as I called to Arashi.

"Now!"

And with that, Arashi's arrow went through his eye as he jumped over my crouched down form to kick the guard down.

We rushed into the building, and it seemed too familiar from the night of the prior king's death.

This night being the current king's death.

Narrowing my eyes, I leaned against the wall, seeing more guards rush out as Arashi stayed hidden over the window sill.

By now, we had made it to the king's office and I placed my hand over Arashi's shoulder.

"This is what our legacy is."

He simply smiled at me, and I loved him more than words could explain, hating myself for how he had fell in love with me and I could never love him back.

With Arashi masked behind my form, my arrow was high and ready, and I jumped up, turning my torso as my leg slammed against the door to have them open as they crashed into the wall.

I stood there, the arrow straight forward and I hadn't let my good fall off over my head as I saw Soo-Won open the drawer to receive a knife with the same gold engraving.

The same gold that killed my parents.

The same gold leaving Arashi as an orphan.

Arashi turned around from behind me, his shoulder against mine as his chin was high, pulling the hood off of my head and I could feel Arashi's arrogance from the air around him.

I didn't lower my arrow, not wavering as Soo-Won stumbled back at the sight of us.

"T-there's no way!"

"How've you been, my king?"

Finally updated after so long whOops, I've been working on a few new things that I'm unsure of actually posting since they're not anime related and who knows if anyone will actually like them lololol I'm sorry but I'm working things with my sister so ya never know, but anyways~STAY BRIGHT GUYS!!