28

When I woke, the sunlight was coming into the room through the window as the blinds had been pulled back.

I was asleep in a bed, the covers over me as I felt a warm arm draped over my torso.

And as my back faced him, I felt my heart race, interlocking our fingers together as we held hands.

I felt him give me a gentle squeeze, pulling me closer to his chest as I turned around to cup his cheeks in my hands. His arms went around my lower back and I smiled at him.

I watched him open his eyes, a grin immediately coming over his lips as he stared at me simply.

Taking a deep breath, I leaned in so our foreheads were pressed against each other, our noses touching.

I felt him rub my back softly as he looked away, pulling me into his chest entirely.

He didn't speak, he didn't say anything or ask me of anything.

He held me close as my breathing calmed down, yet my heart was pounding and I knew he could feel it clearly.

"He's gone."

Somehow saying those two words didn't ache me as much as it did yesterday, something about Hak's scent keeping my chest from tightening from the pain.

"Take as much time as you need," was his soft response, his grip around me firm.

"Thank you."

»

Each day seemed to revolve the same way of me waking up blankly. And just like that, I'd sit around, staring at the walls.

Hours of simply blinking, it'd be time to eat as I was forced to eat, not knowing that if I wasn't forced if I'd eat or not on my own.

I knew weeks had passed as I watched the sun rise and set with the hours.

Hak had given me distance as he knew I needed to somehow cope with Arashi's passing.

At times, I'd sob myself to sleep, still seated on the ground. Then when I'd wake, I'd be laid in bed with the covers over me.

I appreciated all of Hak's efforts and even though I knew it pained him to stay away from me, I was better off alone.

My mind would replay memories of when I was younger, with my parents, living carefree in our kingdom.

I'd be trained to the point of exhaustion each day, and I'd be angry at my parents for the extreme pressure I was always under.

I never understood the concept of the work I did, not knowing why Arashi was treated differently than I was.

I would always be bowed to, they'd mutter apologies right away for no reason upon the simple sight of me.

Even with my presence, they'd bow before me.

Yet when it came to Arashi, I don't remember him ever being formally bowed to, or apologized to when he deserved the apology at the time.

Yet one man stood out.

One bowed to Arashi.

Apologized to him.

Hak.

I was jerked out of my thoughts when the door slammed open, Yun's distressed face making me blink.

"Y/N, we need to....."

I didn't pay attention to his entire statement as my thoughts wandered off again.

I had specially asked for the title of a queen to be taken off my name as I'd no longer address to the royal honor.

"DID YOU HEAR ME?!"

I was abruptly shaken by the shoulders as my eyes widened.

"W-wh-"

"Hak is hurt! We're all in danger!"

I narrowed my eyes, standing tall in an instant.

"We need to get moving, we can't stay in one place for too long," I nodded my head at him as he nodded back at me. "Get everyone together, where's Hak?"

He pointed to the end of the hall and I ran out, Yun going the other way to gather everyone and get them ready to leave.

As I had slung my hood over my head, my eyes snapped to Hak's fallen form.

Rushing out to him, I kneeled beside him as I saw the arrow in his shoulder and I held onto his hand, hearing him hiss as I sharply pulled it out.

His eyes went wide as he saw me, blinking as he seemed to not believe it.

Maybe this is what I needed.

A taste of reality to snap me out of my moping around.

Arashi wasn't coming back, no matter how many tears left my eyes or screams from my throat.

I had told the same to him when his parents were killed.

Easier said than done, and it took me getting hurt for Arashi to realize that there are other things we need to take care of even if we lose who we love.

For Arashi, it was me.

And for me, it's Hak.

"Come on!" I pulled him up and I heard him take a sharp breath in. "We need to go, we can always come back and visit whenever you'd like, but we shouldn't be staying still anywhere. It's too dangerous," I explained as I had slung his arm over my shoulders, his eyes stuck on me.

"You never fail to take my breath awa-"

"I swear over my bloody arrows Hak, if you think of flirting with me right now while you can barely stand, I will knock you out and leave you here," I glared at him and I heard chuckles from the green and white dragons.

"We got the horses ready," Yun spoke and I saw as they all had paired together as they got on.

Grabbing a hold of the reigns, I snapped them once as the horse let a groan out, stomping its hooves as I knew it was ready.

Pulling Hak up behind me, I had swung my leg over, moving his arms so that they were around me.

"Aww, this is so romant-"

"Yeah, so romantic that our lives are at risk and we are getting away while your shoulder is injured," I rolled my eyes, kicking my foot back as I gave the others a nod.

And with the pull of the reigns, the horse pushed off, the others following right beside me as we made our way into the deep forest.

"You know, my shoulder may be injured, but that just means that you'll take care of it later, right?" I could hear Hak's voice by my ear and I flicked his forehead.

Watching him pout, I laughed, turning my head for a brief moment for my lips to meet his cheek, his arms around me going tight.

"Of course I will, we're soulmates after all, remember?"

And so the romance continues hahah me subtly trying to move from Arashi to Hak even though so many people are not over Arashi yet, oh weLl whOops. And honeslty, you guys are the bloody best I'm not even kidding, the comments of starting a petition for Arashi had me cracking up and it really lightens my day to see the support you all are showing for me so I want you all to know it warms my heart and I can't thank you all enough!!! Also, the end of the book is coming reeeaaal soon, like I think the next chapter may be the final one so if anyone has any questions or anything else you want to say or request, always feel free to do so! I love seeing all of your comments and I do my best to reply to all of you guys since you guys truly do brighten up my days!!