26

I lost.

I lost everything.

I lost Arashi.

The one I had worked so hard to get back, the one that I had kept close to me my entire life.

The one who kept me from being lonely.

My tears didn't stop as my heart was shattered, Arashi's blood pooling out as I rose.

Kye-Sook being too busy with his laughter, I pulled three arrows back, not thinking twice.

I let them go as they flew through my fingers, shooting into his eye, his neck, and his heart.

He fell with a sudden thump and I let my own arms fall.

I was alone.

Again.

In a room with three dead bodies.

And in that moment, my childhood flashed.

The scene of where I stood, holding a sobbing Arashi as we were standing in the room where our parents were killed.

Their blood was still fresh, just like now, their bodies torn apart by their limbs.

And at that time, I hadn't felt the pain, only numbness that had stayed with me as I grew up.

I never knew why, or what it was that kept me back from crying.

Their deaths seemed to not have fazed me.

Wasn't death a natural part of life?

The cycle of mortality.

So why wasn't I able to bring myself to do what I had done before?

Closing my parents eyes as well as Arashi's, I was unable to shut Arahsi's own eyes.

Their gold sparkle now burned out for all of eternity.

What had he ever done to deserve this?

There was no sound in his death. And honestly, I didn't know what was worse.

Hearing his screams of excruciation or simple silence as his life left him.

My lips trembled as I fell down, clutching onto his cold form, his blood spreading further around us.

I sobbed, the pain of my parents now bursting out, the tears I was never able to shed now all running down.

I never knew the pain of losing someone I loved so much until now.

My parents were kind, yet I had a very faint attachment with them.

Maybe it was my fault for always shutting them out, and maybe it was just how I was raised.

Either way, Arashi had came along.

Even when they died, I only felt a sting at how Arashi sobbed endlessly, his crying lasting for several months.

Yet none of that mattered now, and I refused to bring up anything else in my mind as I looked down at him.

And this time, as I raised my hand to close his eyes once and for all, I let my own flutter shut as well.

Yet there was a difference.

He'd never open his again, he'd never breathe again.

Yet here I was, still alive and I wondered why.

The pain of living was far worse than the pain of dying.

My mind started racing with thoughts again as I let a deep breath out, preparing to recite the oath as I had done for my parents and his.

I raised a hand over him as I kept one over myself.

Bringing my hand up to my heart, my other hand went over his heart as I now realized the pain of this recital.

I could feel a living being, and a dead one, all at once.

Parting my lips, I opened my eyes as I stared down at him, knowing he'd never be able to look back at me and I'd never be able to see him again.

"I now declare, the one who came for L/N name, shall leave for L/N name. And as you have done so honorably so," my voice started to break and I refused to let the oath shatter for him. "The name you were given of Arashi by the L/N name, the pledge of loyalty you gave to the L/N, shall never be forgotten. Your final wish shall not be denied."

I stepped back, away from him.

I let a deep breath out, wiping away my tears as my eyes now only stung.

I didn't have much time, I'd have to leave anyways.

I brought over my bow, laying the remaining arrows flat over Arahsi's still form. I held my bow as I took Arahsi's dagger into my hand, my tears falling over it as I felt my throat close.

No, no.

I can't back out.

This is what he wanted and I'm the only one who can do it.

Sobs broke through my chest as I crumbled down again, holding his frozen hand and I let go, knowing I had to get done what he had said to me.

The final part of the recital, to seal the oath for him.

With his dagger, I made a cut along the side of my neck, hissing as my skin tore. Without wasting another second, I pressed the sharp tip of his dagger against my torso as well.

The wounds that caused his death.

With the fresh blood falling, I pressed my two fingers against both cuts, mixing the blood as I bent down, smearing my blood over his lips.

Everything that I had done before for my parents and Arashi's.

Now I had to do it for Arashi himself.

After smearing the blood over his lips, I wiped the same fingers over my heart.

Almost done.

Raising my head, I now clutched onto his dagger, unable to look at his dead body anymore as I turned away slightly.

No, it'd break the recital.

I forced my eyes to his unmoving self, raising his dagger against my bow, angling the blade as a spark erupted.

Striking again, the bow ignited an entire flame as it started to grow.

Tears flew down my face as I placed the burning bow down over the set of arrows that were over him.

I watched as each individual arrow of mine caught fire from my bow, his bloody dagger tight in my grip.

Arashi burned in front of my eyes.

And I watched every second of his flesh burn away.

The smoke from his blood burning made me turn my head away.

This was it.

I gasped for air, my chest tightening as I felt the heartache shoot through me again.

The fire spread, quickly getting rid of everything in its way as I went over to the window. Sitting on the edge, I watched the room burn, Arashi now gone.

Thank you.

For letting me do the great honor of completing your final desire.

And for being there during your life, nothing making me prouder with each step you took.

But for now, it was time to announce the death of my guard to the remaining people I had left.

My fallen kingdom.

I actually teared up while writing Arashi's death ngl so I hope you guys liked it! I mean not him dying, but like me writing it out, even if you did like him dying, that's fine too no problem in that but I meant over my writing ^^ I can't explain how far I've come with this story and the same support helping me step forward with this and this is all thanks to you guys! I can't wait for you guys to see some of the new stuff I'm working on!! AlSo I jUST CHECKED THE SEATCH FOR HAK X READER JUST FOR FUN ANF THIS BOOK WAS THE FIRST RESULT OMG GUYS WHAT THATS CRAZY IM CRYING THANK UOU ALL SO MUCH!!! WORRY NOT THE HAK ROMANCE WILL BE RUSHING IN AS WELL NOW THAT ALL EVIL PROBLEMS ARE OUT THE WAy~