12

Apparently, a wedding was far more of a waste of time than I had thought it out to be.

I mean, who even cares about any of this?

Oh....

I'm supposed to.

Letting out a huff of a breath, I had kept my eyesight over Soo-Won for the past hour.

Or had it been two? Three?

Who cares?

Feeling far more frustrated and annoyed at all of this, I was ready to rip someone's eyes out of their sockets if they gushed over my dress like dying fishes flopping around on a deck with no water.

As I sensed another presence behind me, a hand came over my shoulder.

"Ah, it breaks my heart to leave you. But worry not, I'll be back in a few hours. Wait for me because when the time the sun rises, I'll be here to hold you in my arms," Soo-Won spoke as people eyed us and fawned over the acted scene.

"Gosh, finally. I've gotten sick of waiting for you to leave," I grunted out as I heard several gasps.

"She really is a heartless queen."

"How else would she have ruled over a kingdom that well as an orphan?"

"She doesn't deserve to love someone."

"She'd probably be happier on her own."

"I heard that she has never even bothered to become friends with someone."

"She's ruthlessly killed many and you expect her to have friends?"

"Gah, I'm terrified to have her as our very own queen."

"Who'd like, not even love, a merciless bit-"

Bringing my sharp gaze up, the hushed whispers fell silent as no one dared to breathe in fear of death by my hands.

Not surprised, I smirked as I turned around to face Soo-Won, the distance between us minimal.

"Now I can work on the honeymoon surprise without anything being spoiled for you," I raised an eyebrow as my gaze shifted to the commoners who spread gossip faster than a wildfire.

With the corner of my lips raised to the side, I let my lips press against Soo-Won's cheek, everyone's mouth hung open and eyes bulging out.

"You're as mischevious as ever," Soo-Won responded as I saw a group of his men gathered at the main entrance gates of the kingdom.

Kye-Sook came to bow before us slightly as Soo-Won nodded, taking his leave.

I watched them exit the kingdom gates as I felt my instincts kick in. With my senses heightened, I walked through the people and made my way out of the crowd. Going to the wall on the side of the palace I had went to earlier, I found the same stone.

Bringing my leg up sharply, I lifted my other foot off the ground as I spun, kicking the stone in as a handle appeared. Before I could step forward, I felt something press against my leg as I groaned internally.

Stupid dresses.

Without another second, I happily ripped the end of the dress, making room for my now bare legs to move around with their natural agility.

As the dress now straightened out to come down to my thighs, I pulled the handle as the stones became a doorway, opening with my force. I saw lights everywhere in the hall.

Well, this is a lavish kingdom.

Stepping forward, I rushed in, sprinting toward the end of the tunnel. I came across stairs that took me deeper underground as I jumped over them, skipping each individual stair as it'd waste my time.

Making sure to pull my knees up, I flipped before landing so my ankles wouldn't take a harsh hit.

I can't afford to take any damage on myself.

I don't know what condition Arashi is in, so if he's unconscious, I'll have to carry him out.

Keeping myself ready for whatever may come, I made my way across the stone passageways as something shined in the corner of my eye. Spinning to the side, I caught the sight of the wall lamp flame flickering against metal bars.

They kept him in a cage?!

More like prison or dungeon, I'd say.

Stepping forward, I braced myself in case there was someone else there or something. As the light casted over the room, I felt my nose sting for the first time in years, feeling as though tears might stream.

There laid Arashi.

I could never mistake him for someone else. Even for not seeing him for so many years, I could tell him from birth to how he's grown now.

But no, this wasn't the Arashi I saw that died before my eyes years ago.

Not the happy, smiling, cheery Arashi. The one who'd gladly give his life for my own because he claimed to be fully in love with me. The one who optimistically laughed at me to not be so pessimistic, even despite both of us becoming orphans. Always full of hope. The one who admired the Kouka Kingdom history and the blood line of heirs, fascinated with the one who he would see soon rule. Princess Yona. The Arashi that fought until he was knocked out. The Arashi who practiced and trained until I forced an order to him to stop so he wouldn't overexert himself too much.

No.

This was a broken Arashi. The one who was taken and ripped to pieces. The one who was shattered into smithereens. He had his life drained out of him, the optimistic grin now a pessimistic frown. And hope?

Don't even get me started on that load of bows.

I couldn't say anything, even as he was right in front of me, bloody and beaten. Bruises and scars adorned his entire form, his body worn out from the torture.

He was sitting on the cold hard floor, his knees pulled up as his face was buried in them, his arms around his legs as chains restricted him in his place.

He hadn't even picked up on me coming?

Had his senses became that dull?

I took a staggering step as I called out for him, called out to see him lift his face and give me the same loving gaze he always would.

I spoke to him as I usually would, calling him not by his given name, but the one I had given to him.

Not that it was any different from his birth name, all it was was the meaning of his name.

"Storm."

Ahh so they meet once amoreeeeeee~ Y/N and Arashi on their way to make their escape, CUZ YA KNOW STILL GOT TO GET BACK TO HAK XD