03

In a flash, I brought my leg up, pointing my foot to jab at the person's knee. They stumbled a bit as I jerked my elbow up, hitting their jaw as they let my go. I spun around, only to see the blue eyed male from before.

"You?" I questioned as my eyebrow twitched in annoyance.

So first he bows to me, then attacks me?

"Queen Y/N, are you really getting married to Soo-Won?" He stared at me intensely and as I went to answer him, Soo-Won slapped a hand over his shoulder.

"Of course we are," he grinned. "Wouldn't want Hak to worry about us, since he's a good guy," he smirked at me as I narrowed my eyes at him.

That means Hak isn't with Soo-Won.

Either that, or he just doesn't know the truth.

I'd put my money on the second.

When Soo-Won says 'good guy' that means that the person is well obviously, good. But if he says someone is a 'bad guy' that means they stand under his command.

I stared at the male who had to be around my age, I'd say a year older than me. He had recognized who I was off the bat, bowed down to me, spoke with honorifics on my name, and attacked me, but with good intentions.

Hak.

I could trust him.

Not like I had much of a choice.

"What position do you hold?" I asked him as he stared back at me.

"The bodyguard of Princess Yona," he answered as I raised an eyebrow.

So she did have a bodyguard, and this was him.

Woah.

Lucky her, I laughed. She probably has the hots for Hak and is crazy about him. I mean, who wouldn't be, right? I'd be pretty darn surprised if he was single.

Shrugging it off, I stood back as Yona came up to us once more, greeting me with a smile.

"Oh, hello! Who are you?" She turned to ask me as I smiled.

She really didn't know much.

"I'm Y/N," I bowed at her as Hak's eyes widened. "A great time to meet you, Princess Yona."

"Get up, you can't bow to Princess when you have a higher t-"

I gave Hak a quick shake of my head to shut up. Realizing what I meant, he fell silent.

"Oh, thank you! See, Hak! Someone does appreciate me," she whined as she tried to punch him while he moved around.

Okay, and no fighting experience either.

I already expected this.

"Soo-Won, come on! You have to come to the party!" She pulled his arm as she dragged him inside, he gave me a smirk before leaving with her as I narrowed my eyes at him.

I went to follow after them, but felt a tug on my arm and turned to see Hak staring at me.

"Yes?" I turned to face him as his intense gaze stayed on me.

"There's something between you two," he said, his voice eerily calm as he stared at me.

"Yeah, we are engaged," I rose my left hand to show him the ring.

"I'd say it's not too happy of an engagement," he suggested as I stared back at him.

With an instinct decision, I pushed him back as he fell into the bushes, falling over him as I put my hands above his shoulders on the grass beneath us.

"Ya know, for someone who just declared that they are engaged, you sure are great at seducing single men. Never did I think that a gorgeous queen such as yourself and in this captivating dress would want me," he teased as I saw the position we were in.

I smirked and leaned even closer to him.

"Really? I sure am surprised that a tempting man like you is single, but I am a queen with many secrets, even if I want you, it'd be a secret," I winked as his eyes widened.

Sitting up, I leaned back against the bushes as we were hidden from the others' views.

"Your dress will get ruined," Hak said as he stared at me once he sat up.

"My dresses are the least of my concerns," I scoffed as he raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

"Are you my soulmate? I think it was fate that we met, because we are destined to be together," he spoke teasingly, but I saw some brutal truth in his words.

Not the soulmate thing, but us meeting being fate. He protects Princess Yona and I plan on doing so as well so we'd be able to work together to protect her at all costs.

Whether it be our own lives.

"All Yona worries about is her hair and her clothes and jewelry," he groaned as I grimaced.

"I'm not a fan of fancy stuff like that. I'm more into simplicity and comfort," I stared at him, admiring his features.

"Again, soulmates," he brought up as my eye twitched.

"You're the first 'good guy', I've met," I told him as he chuckled.

"That's quite flattering coming from a queen, but I'm sure you're mistaken. You were with Soo-Won just now. And I don't know any better guy than him," he boasted proudly as I felt my heart sink.

Here was Hak, Soo-Won's friend, who honored and respected him so much, and he was going to kill the king. I'm sure it's the same way for the princess and he's going to kill her father. The only family she's got left.

"I'm sorry," I spoke as I threw my arms around him and pulled him onto my embrace.

How was I supposed to tell him the evils Soo-Won had ready for them?

Would he even believe me?

"Ah, well at least gramps sure was right about this. You definitely are one apologizing queen," he laughed again as he pulled back to look at me with his magnificent blue eyes.

"How can I get you to understand?" I whispered, speaking under my breath as I saw my kingdom falling before my eyes once again.

"Understand what?" He questioned, pushing back a piece of my hair.

Shoot, he heard me.

Think of something to distract him, think, think, Y/N.

"That I'm in love with you."

PFFFTT~ what a way to end a chapter, eyy? It's all for loooove~