14

"H-Hak?" I addressed him, sort of questioning his presence there as I fell forward, my vision spinning as Arashi caught me.

My senses, reflexes, instincts, all failed on me at once as I saw nothing but pitch black.

Arashi's POV

"Queen!" Mustering together whatever strength I had, I went back on the endurance that she had trained me with.

I bent my knees, pulling her up against me as I held her unconscious form, the man watching me cautiously.

"Don't worry, I mean no harm!" I tried to comfort him but all he did was narrow his eyes at me, his sight going to Y/N's body in my arms. "You must be Princess Yona's bodyguard! I adore her! She's the bloodline for Kouka so she's already like family to me!" I walked with him inside as he kept staring at me, his eyes widening as I came into the light.

"Did you go through a war on your way here?!" He came forward to inspect the injuries I had. "You're far too young to be chosen to fight," he mumbled on in confusion as I decided to clear things up for him.

"I'm actually queen's bodyguard," I spoke up as he turned back to face me.

"You mean the new one?" He raised an eyebrow as I cocked my head to the side.

"I'm the one and only she's ever had!" I pointed out with pride as he froze.

"But aren't you supposed to be dead?"

It almost sounded as though he wanted me dead.

"Uh, yeah. I suppose so," I scratched the back of my neck. "I was just kind of taken a prisoner of sorts, not killed," I straightened out as he sat down, leaning himself against the wall as I cradled Y/N's form over me.

"Are you going to take care of her?" He asked as he stood again to come towards me.

"I am her bodyguard after all," I spoke in confusion.

Was he her new bodyguard or something?

Oh, maybe this is like her long lost cousin or brother of sorts and that's why he's so worried.

Ah, that makes so much more sense.

"I mean, you can if you'd like to and all," I suggested as he stared at me.

"Then who takes care of you?" He raised an eyebrow as he sat in front of me.

"Queen usually does," I answered with a smile as he took Y/N out of my arms and into his own.

"Well then it seems like princess will," he spoke as he called out for her.

"What is it Hak?" Princess Yona came out as I stared at her red hair that was now shorter than I remembered.

"Ah, princess," I bowed before her as she smiled warmly at me.

"No need to bow and you can just call me Yona," she sat down next to me as she looked at me. "You're badly hurt," she noted as she got up to get supplies.

"Yeah, so take care of him and I'll do the same for my queen," he spoke out as princess came back with different things, setting them down.

"Your queen?" I questioned as I cocked my head to the side.

If he was related to her then wouldn't he be royalty as well?

Ohh, maybe he just does it out of respect and honor since he's from her kingdom.

"You must be from her kingdom then, my apologies," I winced as princess cleaned over the several wounds.

"I'm not," he deadpanned as he held Y/N.

"Oh, okay then, that's alright," I replied since it was hard to find family still calling each other by their titles.

Maybe they weren't close?

Shrugging it off, I felt the princess wrap bandages over my injuries as she worked on the rest.

"How long were you held captive?" Hak spoke out.

"Years, I think?"

"And you were kept like this the whole time, tortured, not fed, not seeing the light of day, without water, they kept you living on the verge of death," he looked bewildered at what had happened as he fumed.

In a second, he turned to me, his expression changing as to one of as though he figured something out.

"That's what Soo-Won held over her to stay."

"Wh-"

"SO YOU ARE THE BASTARD THAT MY QUEEN LOVES!?" He reached to strangle me as princess pushed him back.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK Y/N WILL THINK WHEN SHE WAKES UP TO SEE YOU FIGHTING WITH HER LOVER?" Princess argued as my eyes nearly bulged out.

"NO, NO!! You two have it wrong. We're not lovers, though I am in love with her, she only loves me like family. Like how I love Princess Yona like family," I cleared out as they both froze.

"Well then that should soothe yo-"

"PRINCESS HOW IS THAT GOING TO SOOTHE ME?!" Hak grunted as he turned away.

"Worry not, I won't steal her away from you, she's turned me down coldly many times, she can be quite harsh at times, even with me," I nervously laughed as I scratched the back of my head.

"I never said that you'd steal her away from me," he deadpanned as I stared at him, confused like I had been ever since I met this guy.

"I don't want to be on bad terms with queen's family so, I sincerely do apologize for anything I did whatsoever that may have offended you a-"

"What."

"I don't want to b-"

"I heARD YA THE FIRST TIME!" Hak came to lunge at me as Princess Yona threw a roll of bandages at him.

"Stop it, Hak!"

"We. Are. Not. Family," he seethed out as he poked me with each word.

"Oh, then lovers?" I cocked my head to the side as his eyes widened.

"Wh-"

"Why, of course we are," Hak scoffed as he cut princess off. "What other relation could I ever have with my queen anyways?" He drawled out as he pulled Y/N closer to him.

"I don't get it, why do you both keep addressing Y/N as a queen?" Princess Yona looked between the two of us as the atmosphere shifted in the room.

"Because I am."

Ahhh been crazy busy lately >~< I'll try to get a day off but even then, I'll just have to do the work that's been piling up because of my lazy self T-T