25

My arrow was held high as Arashi strut forward, his eyes dark, his smirk strong.

Soo-Won narrowed his eyes over us while I simply kept my form still.

"No words from my quee-"

"I'm not yours," I cut him off, finally speaking as he raised a brow.

"Is that so? The queen o-"

"I'm not the queen of anyone, anywhere, or over anything," I spoke harshly as he only stared at me.

"Then wha-"

"A runaway."

Arashi spoke in my place, twirling a pen around between his fingers as I got the secret message he was sending me, tapping my foot twice in return.

Spinning around, I found the mirror's edge as I shot the arrow in a quick snap. As it shot off the corner, it hit straight against the doors, keeping them shut from being opened from the outside.

The arrow fit tightly between the hooks of the doors as they stayed sealed and I turned back to Soo-Won.

"A runaway? How cute I suppose as the title fits perfectly, ever since your birth," he gave a grin and I could only wear a smirk back, kicking the chair in front of me as I stood in front of his desk.

Face to face, Arashi was by my side, a hand in his hair as he simply watched with a carefree smirk.

"Ever since my birth and all the way to my death," I finished the statement.

"Ready to die tonight, are you?" Soo-Won asked with a nasty smirk to which I only shrugged.

"It should be, are we? Because I'm not giving my life away without taking away yours as well," I narrowed my eyes, my hand going to slam onto his torso as he stumbled back.

Arashi jerked the desk forward as it fell forward and we stood over it. Swinging his blade down, Arashi managed o get two daggers into Soo-Won, one on his right leg and one on the right arm.

Soo-Won moved out of the way, rolling to the wall as he turned to stand and face us.

Blood smeared over the ground, he smirked as he pulled a smaller sword from his back.

Charging forward, I flipped myself over Arashi, pushing him back as I struck my bow forward.

Soo-Won's blade hit against my bow as I held it forward, both weapons pushing at each other.

In the distraction, Arashi was able to push the broken tip of an arrow into Soo-Won's left arm.

Turning around in pain, Soo-Won swung at Arashi, the bald skimming his leg as he had jumped out of the way.

Going to kick his side, I winced as the blade's flat end was slammed against the back of my neck.

Stumbling forward, Arashi rushed at Soo-Won and I smiled, glad that he remembered.

When we fought, if one of us got hurt, we didn't look after them, we aimed for the opponent because that's what the goal is.

If by helping another, you get killed, then it's just failure.

If one dies while you take out the opponent, their death was an honorable one.

I gasped for breath, pushed down on the ground as Soo-Won kept a leg over me. Looking over, I saw he had knocked Arashi down, a large slash over his chest, the blood seeping from his shoulders as well.

"ARASHI!" I screamed out, forgetting the sword that was held against my neck as I was pulled up.

"Don't worry, he's not dead yet. I'll make sure to kill him while you watch," Soo-Won snickered as I noticed that Arashi was still breathing, his eyes shooting open as he stumbled up.

"And I'll make sure to live enough to watch Y/N kill you," he shot back, tapping his wrist twice and I smirked.

Letting my hand find its way to my waist, I pulled the small needle out.

In a split second, Arashi had jumped up and I had pushed my elbow into Soo-Won's stomach, throwing the needle into the center of his throat.

The venom pushed into his veins and I grabbed my bow that had fell earlier, aligning my arrows.

"It'll still take a few minutes to take full impact, there wasn't any stronger venom left, until then, we have to keep him down," I explained to Arashi and he nodded.

My eyes went to his wound and I felt myself walk over to him before I could even comprehend what I was doing.

Pressing my two fingers against the cut, my eyes widened at how deep it went into him. My eyes flashed to Soo-Won's sword that was still in his grip as he stood up, wobbling before standing himself.

It dripped with Arashi's blood, the shimmer of the familiar gold making me sick as I felt rage flood over me.

I shot up, going directly at him as I was able to spin around, letting an arrow go into his left leg.

All four of the major limbs were now injured, adding onto his neck which was where the poison would spread from.

He darted at me, attacking me as I kept my front strong. Even with the pain, he was still strong enough to keep up with me.

I heard Arashi choke, sputtering up blood and tears filled my eyes as I watched him writhe in agony.

I narrowed my eyes, jerking my leg up as I needed to end this quickly to take care of him.

If I could do this fast, I'd be able to help him and he'd be fine.

Once my leg hit Soo-Won's neck, he stumbled back, a deafening crack as his spinal cord dislocated and I took an arrow out, holding it in my hand as I forced him onto his knees.

Standing with him in my grip, he started to feel weak as the poison hit him strong.

I hadn't noticed that tears had streamed down my cheeks as my eyes went to Arashi.

"Don't hold back, remember this is what we live for, what we die for," he choked out, gasping for breath after as I pulled my arm back in a hurry. "And when I die, burn me after."

"Arashi, shut up. Everything I do is for you," I shot back as my tears blinded my vision and I felt fear flow through me.

"Don't worry, Y/N. You'll always be my runaway."

I pushed my wrist down, the arrow going directly through Soo-Won's throat as his eyes bulged out.

I was immediately stained with the blood as he shook slightly, falling limp as his eyes stayed open.

Not bothering to close them, I left my arrow stuck inside of his neck as I tossed him down.

In the rush, I hadn't noticed someone come in through the open window, my eyes widening as I heard another voice.

"You'll pay for my king with your guard."

And with that, I had turned with wide eyes, being too slow as the scene happened before I could prevent it.

Kye-Sook's sword slid over Arashi's neck, his head cut off from the rest of his body and I trembled, my knees giving out as I fell to the ground.

I lost.

Well that concludes the end of this update woOOoOoO the next chapter will be up soon as well since I wanted to do a double sort of update since I haven't updated in pretty much a month. I've just been so busy and family issues pop up all the time plus school gets stressful with all the work they give. I'm so tremendously thankful for the showering support over Runaway and I couldn't appreciate it more!! THANKS TO EVERYONE YOU ALL MAKE IT COUNT SO THANKS A BUNCH!