22

His breath hitched at my sudden question as he abruptly stopped walking, causing me to fall further into his chest.

"Y/N," he breathed out as he stared down at me.

"You are my bodyguard, not Hak. He's Yona's bodyguard, that's why she can't seem to take two breaths without him. Yet even knowing that, you assumed that it'd be better for him to be with me over yourself. Why?"

He stayed quiet as he held my gaze. Not answering, he looked down, breaking our stare.

"And how many times have I ordered you to not lower your head or your eyes for anyone?"

"But que-"

"Are you to dare to defy me?"

"No, qu-"

"And why is that?"

"You are royalty, quee-"

"What have I taught you ever since we first were in each other's arms?"

"That I should never hold myself back for there is nothing differentiating you and I," he answered back as I sighed.

"Exactly, yet at times you still lower yourself under me. Though I have never seen you do that for anyone else," I explained as this time his gaze came to snap back to mine.

"I don't intend to lower myself under you, I just let you stand your ground and it ends up coming off differently," he spoke as I nodded with understanding.

"Then why with no one other than me?"

"That's because I love no one other than you."

Hak's POV

"Hak, answer me!" I felt princess slap her hand over mine as she screeched and I focused my attention on her.

"Yes princess, my apologies. Speak, I'm listening," I said as she gave a snort in response and crossed her arms.

"I was saying tha-"

"Less on the attitude and put your hands on the saddle unless you have a wish to fall off," I cut her off as she gave a grunt but still held on.

"My dad put you in charge of protecting me!" She raged as I sighed.

"And have I not done that?"

She fell silent as my point had been proven from the arrow in my leg instead of through her throat.

"You seem to have your eyes more on Y/N than over me," she argued as I rolled my eyes.

"She has her own bodyguard," I pointed out.

"That doesn't mean anything," she shot back. "You still ran after her."

"Because I was ordered to by her bodyguard," I stated as she clicked her tongue.

"You could have refused saying that you would be leaving me behind."

"So?"

She turned around with a shocked look over her face that I had said it so simply.

"It's not like I abandoned you. There were the dragons with you and Arashi and even Yun. On top of that, there was shelter. And I can't refuse either or else he'd have my head with ease," I explained as she shrugged.

"Yeah, so? You could've just fought back or something."

"Isn't it obvious? Even the dumb would have noticed. She's a queen, you clearly are not."