08

I felt determination strike through me as I stood in front of the broken princess.

Through my own bitter misery, I had entirely forgotten why I was hellbent on protecting the princess. Yet since the one eye idiot can never keep his mouth shut for more than 0.25 seconds, I remembered instantly and wouldn't forget it this time.

Arashi was very fond of this kingdom.

Especially of it's princess, Yona.

"Ah, now she decides to stand," Kye-Sook praised as he gave a clap.

"Let me enlighten you on something, my love," Soo-Won stepped closer to me as he let his sword drop by his side. "You are going to stay here, marry me, and bring an heir whenever I do so wish. And I know you will oh so happily do this all for me because I have to key to your heart," he snaked an arm around my waist to pull me closer to him as I narrowed my eyes.

"S-Soo-Won, what're y-you doing?" Yona stuttered as she looked up with tears all over her face.

"He seem familiar to you?" Soo-Won held a picture in front of me as I stepped back with wide eyes.

"There's no way," I breathed out, not believing the picture in front of me.

"Just look at how happy he looks, he's grown so much since you last saw him too, but I know that you'd never mistake those features for someone else's," Soo-Won stepped close to grab my arm as he pulled me to his side. "Now if you want him to stay alive like he is, then you'll stay with me," he hissed, moving me to stand behind him.

"You never killed Arashi in the first place, you only made it look that way. All this time, you've kept him to torture him. Then you force him to smile and pose to take a picture to show me," I balled my fists as anger flared through me.

Pushing Soo-Won to the side as he stumbled, I went to pull Yona up as I rushed us outside. I smirked as Soo-Won's soldiers came to surround us.

Things were going as planned.

"Come on, raise your bows and let your arrows loose," I stated as Soo-Won rushed out to stop them.

"You imbeciles! You cannot harm her! She has yet to marry Soo-Won, you fools!" Kye-Sook yelled at them as they brought down their weapons.

Perfect, perfect.

Looking down at Yona, she had slumped against my side as she stayed frozen. Probably still in shock of what she witnessed.

I spun on the heel of my foot, bringing my bow up to sharply jab the soldier behind us, striking an arrow through another's chest as I let another three fly though my fingers, each going through a soldier's head as a path cleared for us to move through.

"Don't let them go!" Kye-Sook shouted as another group rushed after us.

I slung an arm around Yona as I held her up and ran with her by my side. As I past the pillars around the palace walls, I decided that that was where my connection would end with the princess.

I may have not been able to save Arashi, but I will do anything for the princess he loved.

"HAK!!" I screamed out as I aligned seven arrows together, letting them release through the bow as men fell back.

Feeling another presence above, a gush of wind knocked over more men as Hak jumped over me to stand in front of us, his arm holding us behind him.

"They keep coming, we'll have to run," Hak said as I raised my bow once more.

"You're right, here take the princess," I tossed Yona to Hak as he caught her, bewildered at what I had just done.

"Who the hell just throws a princess?!"

"A queen," I shot back as I flipped over to stand in front of them. "Now go! Mundok should know where I keep my weapons stored, go there! You won't be found, so leave!!" I pushed him back as he stared at me with wide eyes.

"No! I'm not leaving you behind, I said 'we'!" He shouted as he went to step forward.

Throwing an arrow down in front of his foot, I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yes, 'we' meaning you and the princess. Take the advice I gave you before and run!"

"Why woul-"

"I love him! I can't leave him!!" I cut him off as I raised my bow once more. "You take me as your queen, don't you!? Then take my orders as well, just back off from here!" I commanded as he stepped back, a frozen look washing over him before he turned around, the princess in his hold.

"Don't think I won't come back for you."

And with that, he ran off into the forest, leaving the kingdom grounds as I sighed in relief. Soo-Won's army came to circle me as I smiled.

"Were none of you able to get the girl?!" Kye-Sook yelled as the soldiers bowed their heads.

"Causing damage everywhere you go, as usual," Soo-Won spoke, looking around at the fallen men.

"Some bodyguard Arashi is, huh? He came handy today, it was a great idea to keep him," Kye-Sook chuckled, knowing that it'd anger me.

"Keeping my bodyguard to torture him for years so you can blackmail me to stay with you isn't my definition of great," I snapped, walking past him as Soo-Won followed me behind.

"When do you want the wedding?" He questioned with a smile as he was aware I couldn't refuse him.

"Whenever seems suitable for you, my king," I sneered.

"Then as soon as possible, we shall be wedded."

Oooh, so is Arashi really alive? And what condition will he be in? Why will Hak come back to save you? Will Arashi stay living? Or is it all just a trap.....