Chapter 13

Victoria's P.O.V.

Okay I confused, what the hell was that about. They just left, I mean I'm relived and all, but why? Where they scared of Mr. Bishop, I know he's a multi billionaire and all but everything just seemed too sketchy.

''Why'd they leave like that'' I asked stupidly

''It sounds like you enjoy being hunted Ms. Chase'' he chastised

Woah who got his panties in a twist

''I'm just curious they looked at you as if you've met before, as if they were afraid of you''

''Don't be so immature Ms. Chase we couldn't possibly know each other''

For some reason I didn't quite believe him but he was a wonderful liar though keeping a straight face while he told me this, but the way that they vigorously upturned the office I knew that it wasn't just a coincidence they were looking for something, something specific but why were they checking my office I'm sure I've never met them before.

''Why were you running from them'' he asked curiously

''I was just about to head home and they were upturning my office I was hiding under the table when they came in but they caught me and I had to even go through the lengths of lying that I was on my period to get away'' he was silent the entire time I was ranting except for that period part his lips seemed to quirk up a little , does he seriously want to smile right now.

''Hmmmmmm'' he hummed

''I see''

''What do you see''

''Ms. Chase at the ball you're gonna have to address me by my first name''

''Yes we've been through this I know''

''Well why haven't you started'' I knew he was right but It just felt so weird calling him by his given name, I hope he understands

''I don't''

''Seriously what are you now. A mind reader''

''No it's just that I don't say my thoughts out loud'' he reprimanded

Shit now I'm embarrassed

''Don't be such a child we're both adults you can call me by my first name, I mean after all we are a couple and this is for your own good '' he smirked

''What do you mean 'my own good'

''Those men they were after you for a reason they didn't just say hey let's go kidnap someone'' he deadpanned.

''I knew that but like I've said I don't know them'' I said annoyed

''Well they know you and they won't be giving up that easily, they'll be back' and that's why you have to play arm candy for now''

''Why aren't you afraid of them''

''Why should I be'' he asked in a bored tone while he sipped his wine

Now that I notice I sort of interrupted him, what if he was meeting someone. Suddenly I picture of a tall slender model flashed through my mind. Yeah that's probably his type.

''Umm I have to get home my mom must be worried''

''I was just about to leave also I'll take you home and you should probably go home early for the rest of the week ''

''I can't I've got lots of work to do''

''I'm the boss anyway so it's not a suggestion it's an order'' he deadpanned

''Okay Mr. Bossy'' I mumbled under my breathe

''What was that?'' he mocked

''Huh'' I faked innocence

''Come on lets go'' he said with the hint of a smile

A\N

OK that's Chapter 13

Thank you so much for reading, commenting and voting you guys make my day.

P.S

I might not update so frequently for a while I have exams but don't worry I'll try my best.

Until next time

-booklover