Chapter 20

Edgar's P.O.V.

I guessing I probably should've knocked but, you can't blame me , it is my house and I so used to living alone I have no idea what its like to actually have boundaries in my own home and besides I didn't see anything.......much only how tempting she looked in that towel I as itching to comment on her shorts this morning but I kept my mouth shut I mean I wasn't her dad to demand her to go change but her creepy old neighbor was spying thinking no one could see him between the slits in his curtains, the old bastard.

Speaking of bastards I'm still to find out what Michael wants I've ordered my good friend Alex to investigate, he should get back to me later this later this afternoon. I know Michael one of the most feared drug cartels and gang leaders in England I've seen the way he does business and it was not pretty trust me ha is truly a manipulative bastard almost psychotic , and he would not take up interest in someone who was not worth his time he was definitely after Victoria and I have to find out why, but he clearly does not know who I am but he would be finding out soon enough.

And another thing has been bothering me that last name on the note that we found in her bag

Romanov it was definitely Russian but where have I heard it before, it seemed so familiar, but lost in the deepest depths of my mind.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

I was laying on the couch texting my underboss Liam he was filling me in on what was going on, it seems that my more and more of my shit has been going missing in Warehouse 12 I will have to deal with that when I get back.

Victoria enters the room but I was too engrossed in my conversation with Liam to pay much attention but in my peripheral vision I saw her sneaking up on me mmhhh so she thinks that she can scare me well let her try.

It felt like forever before she finally sprang up from behind the chair hoping to scare me out of my widths but she clearly wasn't the sneaky type

Remind me never to rob a bank with her.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Victoria's P.O.V.

After I had gotten dressed well I wouldn't call it dressed because I felt like I was in my underwear but whatever I headed downstairs into the living room and found Edgar laying lavishly on a plush beige sofa with gold designs he seemed to be doing god knows what on his phone, I knew he was a workaholic and he seemed so focused so being the person that I am I thought this was a perfect time to sneak up on him and give him a little scare.

I slowly crept up behind the couch getting ready to pounce on him and in one brisk action I suddenly jumped up hoping to scare the shit out of him but unfortunately he wasn't even surprised the slightest

''Your wasting your time Chase you can't sneak up on me I could hear you footsteps and ragged breathing'' he gave a smirk that never really reached his eyes

''Nice try though''

''Whatever '' I rolled my eyes

wow I just keep surprising myself

''Is there anything fun to do around here '' I asked

''I haven't been here in a while, but if I remember correctly there're suppose to be some games in that drawer over there'' he motioned to a mahogany drawer in the corner of the room.

I checked through the many games in the drawer and found two that I was quite good at scrabble and my favorite: Chess

I played a lot in high school and loved planning a couple moves ahead just to have and edge on my opponent.

''Let's play Chess'' I said while unboxing the game

''What's the point '' he started talking again

''you're just gonna lose'' he started raising his head

''and go cry anyw-

As soon as his eyes scanned over my body his lips pressed into a thin line and his eyes darkened, and my face flushed shit this wasn't a good idea should've worn the clothes.

''What are you wearing'' he gritted out

What is wrong with him, he was just fine and now his whole demeanor took a steep 90 degree turn.

''Well since my clothes are sweaty form that very long flight and someone ,

I put inverted commas on ''someone''

''didn't tell me we were leaving the country to go to a private beach instead of going to the public one like regular people, I didn't pack an extra pair of clothes so I'm stuck wearing this'' I motioned to my swimsuit.

''Hmmm'' he mumbles

''I'll play..... on one condition''

''And what is that'' I questioned

''Everyone of your pieces I capture you reveal something that no one else knows about you''

I think for a moment well that seems reasonable

''Deal but you'll do the same''

''OK but when I beat you don't come crying to me ''

''We'll see'' I was the one to smirk this time

A/N

Victoria's beach outfit and swimsuit up there

Don't forget to comment and vote my beautiful munchkins <3

Until next time

-booklover