Wes x Noah #1

Wes

I knew this was coming. The zombie outbreak. I was brave to be out in the open. They were all over the place. I was out getting people. I could only save those who were easy to get. I went to an old warehouse for shelter. Thats where I found Noah.

Noah was alone, crying, scared for his life. He had no one left in his life. His mom dad and two older brothers were all infected. Everyone else in his family lived out of the state. I remember meeting him.

~flashback~

"Is someone there?" I called out in the seemingly empty warehouse. I heard something shift around and I pulled out my gun. I couldn't tell if it was a person or zombie. "Hello?" I called again. "Please don't kill me." He said crying in a corner. I rushed to his side retreating my gun.

"Are you hurt? Is there anyone else here? Do you have any family?" I asked frantically. "N-no. My family all got infected. I made it out though." He said. "Whats your name?" I asked him. "Noah. Noah Grossman." He said.

"I'm Wesley Johnson. Come with me and I'll keep you alive." I smiled at him putting out a hand to help him up. "Thank you Wesley." He said taking my hand. "Please call me Wes." I said and grabbed my gun.

And from that moment on we were inseparable. I cared for him and he cared for me probably more. He didn't like the idea of me going out to look for those who were still human. He thought I would get lost, hurt, or worse, infected. I told him he worries too much.

He's right though. Those things could happen. I wasn't going to straight up deny it ever happening. But I wasn't going to tell him that its possible. He already knows that and why make him worry more?

I was the only person he was close to. Yeah he knew the others and considered them to be family too, but I was the only person he felt like he could talk about anything with.

Thats why I could pick up when something was wrong. When he was feeling sad. It wasn't extremely hard but I could sense it like the back of my hand. Thats why I asked him to go on a walk with me today.

•••••••••••

"Noah?" I called for him as we walked along the path. He ran off and hid from me. I luckily found him eventually. "So whats wrong grossman?" I asked him sitting by a partially demolished house.

"What do you mean?" He asked hiding his emotions. "I know something's up. Tell me." I said. "Ok. Well I developed a slight crush on.......someone and I've been kinda lost on how to approach the situation." He said. "Well depending on who it is, tell them how you feel. Whether its directly or through a note." I told him.

"Th-thanks Wes." He smiled at me. "No problem." I ruffled his hair. I liked Noah I wasn't going to lie. He was the first person I found when the zombies came. He's the only person I've ever felt extremely protective of. "So who are they?" I asked. "Hm?" He rose an eyebrow. "Who do you like?" I asked again.

"Oh....uh. I like uhhmmmm. Well its uh." He stammered. "I like you." His face turned a deep red. It was adorable. "Me?" I questioned. He nodded covering his face. I smiled at his embarrassment. It was cute.

"You know what never mind. It was a bad idea to say. Pretend I never said anything about it." His face was still red and he got up and walked away. "Noah...." I grabbed his wrist but he yanked it away continuing to walk away. I got up and walked behind him.

"Noah!" I called to him. "I can't lose you as a friend. You are all I've ever had. My only true family. I geel at home with you like the rest of my immediate family isn't even dead. I can't lose that. I can't lose you." He broke down in tears. I grabbed his wrists and pulled him to me. He sobbed into my shirt for a good 10 minutes before I wound up the courage to finally tell him.

"I like you too Noah." I whispered. "Your smile, your outlook on life, the way you talk and walk, how protective you are of all of us, I love everything about you." I said and he lifted his head. "Y-you do?" He asked. I nodded and kissed his nose. He smiled and he grabbed my collar and pressed his soft lips against my dry ones.

I held this moment close to me. I took it and stored it in my back pocket because it was precious to me. We couldn't allow anyone at the hideout to know we both liked each other. They were all homophobic.

They would end up either kicking us out (which honestly we could make it on our own. Jokes on them because I'm the only person really trained in the apocalypse.), or just try and kill us which would be pretty bad. I would never let that happen to us though.

When I told Noah this he understood but I could tell he was absolutely devastated. He loved me and having to hide it even after telling me well, that was gonna be hard for him. Of course we could sneak around all we want but like in any tv show or soap opera they eventually catch us.

I hugged Noah and kissed him on the forehead before we left going back to the warehouse.

Welp its been forever guys. I not only was put in counseling but I also have for some unknown reason been alittle stumped on oneshot ideas. Odd but thats ok. I'm coming back so thats great. You can dm me suggestions or ideas if you'd like. It for some dumb reason won't let me respond but I do check and I'll tag you to give you credit for them.