Shaylivia #2

^^thats the ship name right??

Based off of 'a non love song from Nashville' by Dodie clark

Shayne

She walked off from the group and I walked off following her. We were both headed the same direction. Home. It was night time and we had just had a group dinner for Noah's birthday. Valentines day. I caught up with her and we talked until we reached her door. I looked in her eyes.

"Olivia I–" Stop, no. "Really like your shoes." I stopped myself. I wanted to tell her but I knew it was wrong. She wouldn't feel the same. It would be awkward between us. She was beautiful. I was sure I loved her. No you're not aloud to think that.

"Oh thanks Shayne. I got them yesterday." She smiled. I loved her smile. She was asked out by her now ex last year around this time. Around the same time I was going to ask her out. So close. Don't imagine what could have been. We walked over to her porch swing and sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Valentines day. I sometimes try not to think about it. Just an excuse to hook up with people that you might end up falling for. Just for a day." Olivia said. I'd never heard her talk so lowly of valentines day. "Its a nice little holiday. Simple, no big back story. But it is Noah's birthday too." I said. I thought about her ex. That's probably whats getting her so down. Just a memory now.

"Yeah you're right." She said. We sat for a few minutes. Both in our own heads. I wonder what she's thinking about. I wonder if she's thinking about me. You fool. If she did like me maybe she'd probably say something right? Life would do something right? How dare you trust fate! She's not that kind.

She got my attention and I looked at her. She didn't say anything. Just looked at me. I couldn't it help myself. I shut down my brain and all of my thoughts and leaned in kissing her. It was only five seconds. Not enough time for her to respond. I pulled away to see her shocked face.

You stepped off the edge. But you didn't check where you'd fall. I looked away from her blushing. It was awkward. "I'm gonna go. See you tomorrow at work." I said awkwardly getting up and walking down. "You too." She said not protesting. Now look what you've done. I ruined our friendship. Our friendship. I sighed as I walked down the street to my house. Just a memory now.

I walked into work the next day. I saw Olivia talking to Courtney. I knew it was about me. She was so beautiful. Get it in your brain. I walked away to the kitchen and grabbed a cookie. I wish we could. I screwed over our friendship. I feel bad. What was I thinking.

She walked into the kitchen and I felt the elephant in the room. Was she going to soeak to me? I attempted to walk out but was stopped by her. "Can we talk?" She asked. This will all just end in flames. "Sure." I say backing up slightly.

"You kissed me." She said. "Y-yeah." I stuttered. "Why?" She asked. "I like you. I have fir a couple years now." I confessed. "I like you too." She said. I looked up at her in awe. Without thinking about it I went to her and kissed her. Where's that self control you preach.

She kissed me back this time and I forgot about the regret and loneliness I felt last night. When I thought I'd been quietly rejected. When I thought I had ruined the friendship we had. Our friendship. Just a memory now.

Most of these recently have been sad. Sorry about that. But I listened to the song on YouTube and just got inspired. Remember its 'A Non Love Song From Nashville' by Dodie Clark. All of the italicized parts in the text are quotes from the the song.

No question today. I'm too tured to think of one so you can just tell me a random fact about you.