Weshire #5

Joven in a rush quickly ran down the street making his way to the small cafe on the corner right across the street from his work. He got in and walked up to the counter taling a deep bresth before ordering his usual. He was a regular customer. He came every morning right before work to get a coffee and a muffin. "You seem like you're running late." The girl at the counter, Mari said.

"Yeah I woke up late. I have to get my coffee and muffin though." He laughed it off. He felt his pockets realizing he left his wallet at his house. He sighed. "Something wrong?" She asked. "I left my wallet at home." He squeezed the bridge of his nose. "I can get your coffee for you." A voice behind him said. He turned seeing a guy with silver hair and a kind smile. He wore dark clothing and held his wallet and phone in his hands. Joven had seen this guy around here a few times but they'd never spoken to eachother.

"Are you sure?" Joven asked looking at him. He nodded. "Yeah." He smiled. He moved out of the way allowing the taller boy to get infront of him. He placed his own order and paid for them both. As they waited they talked alittle. "So you work across the street right?" He asked. "Yeah. Its a small bookstore. My parents used to own it and now its mine." Joven said shrugging. "Thats cool. I work a few blocks down at a bakery." He said smiling. Their order just finished and Joven thanked the guy again before walking across the street.

He never got his name which was upsetting. He wanted to put a name with a face. A pretty face to be exact. He let it go and took his seat behind his desk at the counter and started eating his muffin taking sips of his coffee every other bite.

***

Joven got up on time today getting dressed and ready quickly before walking out and heading to the cafe in a hurry. He was hoping he could catch the guy this morning and maybe talk to him. He never left his mind and he wanted to learn more about him.

He walked into the welcoming building being met with the silver headed man at the counter putting in his order. "Wait!" He shouted slightly making the boy turn to look at him. "Let me pay for you. For yesterday." He smiled slightly. He received a smile back and he stepped out of the way before Joven stepped forward placing his order and paying.

"You didn't have to do that you know." He said smiling. "I felt like I had to." He told him. "Also I kinda wanted to be given a reason to talk to you." He blushed slightly. "Do you wanna sit down and have our coffee together?" He asked. Joven checked his watch seeing He still had 15 minutes till He had to open. He smiled nodding and they got their stuff and took a seat at a booth in the corner.

"I never got your name. I'm tired of referring to you as the cute boy with silver hair." Joven blurted out. He let out a small laugh at him. "Its Wesley." He said with a wide smile. Wesley. Joven thought to himself. "Mines Joven if you didn't already know it." I told him.

They talked for the fifteen minutes Joven had before he had to go. Wes said that he hoped they could do that again. Joven was happy that they were at least friends. He liked him alot. He opened up the store and took his seat behind the counter.

***

A few weeks went by and they started talking alot more and meeting after their shifts to get something after work. Joven walked in in the morning and ordered his stuff. "So when are you going to officially start dating?" Mari asked. "What?" He exclaimed. "Come on it's obvious you both like each other." She said.

"Wesley does not like me." He rolled his eyes. "You didn't deny you liking him." She pointed out. "Joven, I only want the best for you. I haven't seen you this happy since you're ex." She said. "You really think he likes me?" He asked in a quieter voice. She nodded with a smile. "Ok. Maybe I'll ask him on an actual date." He told her.

Wes came in and they ordered sitting in their booth together. Joven nervously played with the string on his jacket. "Something's on your mind. Whats wrong?" Wes asked. "Its kinda stupid. Its nothing really." He dismissed it but Wes grabbed the had he was fidgeting with and placed it on the table.

"You're nervous about something. You don't have to tell me about it, but I'm here if you want to." He said in a calming voice before slowly retracting his hand from his. Joven took a deep breath. "Would you like to go on a date with me?" He asked his voice strong and clear. A smile appeared across Wes' face. "I'd love that." He said nodding. "Ok. How about tomorrow night?" He asked more confidently.

"Sounds great to me. I'm looking forward to it." Wes said a smile still on his face. Joven smiled back getting lost in his eyes. He looked at his watch. "Oh you gotta head off to work now." He said frowning. Wes sighed nodding and getting up. "Bye Joven." He said with another smile on his face before leaving.

Joven got up and went to the counter. "I did it!" He cheered to Mari. "I'm proud of you. Tell me everything when it happens okay." She said. "I'll make sure I do." He nodded before going to work.

I'm making a part two of this so yeah.