Courtney x Damien #1

(Damien)

The bell rang and I sighed picking up my stuff and slinging my bag over my shoulder. I had to stay after school in the library to work. It was a stupid concept. Its similar to detention only we can leave whenever. We have to show up and stay at least 10 minutes.

I walked down the hall and entered the library. I set down my bag and got our my marh homework. The library was a dead zone. Nobody was here. Or at least no one I could see.

I'd been there a few minutes when I looked up seeing a bag ontop of table a few tables down. I looked around trying to find who it was. I saw a girl at a bookshelf looking at the books. "Looking for something in particular?" I asked her. She looked over and shook her head. "No just looking." She said. She had blonde hair. "Do you have work you need to do?" I asked her. "No, just like being in the library." She said softly.

"Wanna help me with my math?" I asked. She smiled slightly. "Sure Damien." She said and walked over. "How do you know my name?" I asked. I'd never talked or seen this girl before. "Err......I know everyone." She said. It creeped me out in a way but she was nice. And cute.

She sat down and we worked on my math together. She helped me through most of the problems until I eventually got them on my own. Then we just talked. "Well I better go." I said and packed up my things. "I'll see you around the halls....." i trailed off realizing I'd never gotten her name. "No I'm always in the library." She said getting up about to head over to the bookshelves I assumed.

"Wait!" I called getting her attention. "I never got your name." I said after she turned to me. She giggled slightly smiling at me. "It's Courtney. Miller." She said walking down the shelves and disappearing behind the back of one as she made her way to a different one. Courtney miller. What a pretty name. I smiled thinking.

I grabbed my stuff and I watched a girl with purple hair grab the backpack and walk out of the library. I looked at her confused and then got up walking behind the bookshelves to see Courtney nowhere to be found. I got out my year book and looked frantically through the pages to not see her in the year book at all.

"Who is she?" I asked myself out loud. I grabbed my bag and walked out of the library. Is she a student here or was she just hanging out? I brushed it off getting in my car and driving home. I went to sleep after eating dinner with thoughts of Courtney in my head.

I woke up the next morning getting dressed and making my way back to school. I couldn't stop thinking about Courtney. Was she lying to me About her identity? I went to the principal on a referral for not paying attention in class and 'being disrespectful'.

I walked into his office taling a seat on the chair. "Mr. Haas why are you here today?" Mr. Bereta asked me. "I wasn't paying attention in class and was apparently being disrespectful. But the last part isn't true." I said. "Well whats so important on your mind that you aren't paying attention in class?" He asked me.

"This girl. I met her in the library yesterday. She was different then most girls. I'd never seen her around school. But she knew my name. She stayed in the library and the backpack I thought was hers was picked up by another girl. I went to look for her in the shelves and she wasn't there. I tried to find her in the yearbook and she wasn't there. But I talked to her. She helped me with my homework. She was there." I told him.

"Well do you have a name? If you don't have a name then I can't help you." He said his hands resting on the desk. "Yeah. She said her name was Courtney. Courtney miller." I said smiling upon saying her name. His eyes went wide amd he brought his hands to his mouth. "What is it sir? Do you know her?" I asked him frantically getting scared.

"Y-yeah. Umm two years ago. Before you came here. There was a girl Courtney Miller. She was known to always be in the library on her free time. She spent lunch alone and then would go to the library and just read. She read every book on the shelf and would be happy when new books would arrive. She was quite the smarty and was a bookworm." He said.

"And then one day she killed her self." He said rubbing his eyes. My mouth hung open. She killed her self? I was talking to a dead girl? "In the farest corner of the library. We found her back there one afternoon. Already dead." He said.

"So I-I was talking to a ghost?" I asked him. He nodded and I felt tears fall down my cheeks. She was dead. Gone. A ghost. "I know. I have someone every year say something about her since she's died. Reports of her being seen in there but not recognizing her at all. Its put people into therapy." He told me.

"So now what? Do I just avoid the library? Pretend I don't see her?" I asked. "Its up to you. You can continue to talk to her I doubt she's going to try and kill you. But if you're uncomfortable knowing she's a ghost then you can stop." He said. I nodded and then he dismissed me from his office.

I went to the library looking around. "Courtney?" I called out. I walked around and then saw her on one of the isles on the floor reading a book. I walked up sitting down. "I looked for you around the halls. I didn't see you." I said. She turned to me and smiled putting down her book. "Well I told you I stay in the library so that was useless." She said turning towards me.

"Why not?" I asked. "There's nothing for me out there. I get bullied for liking it in here so I just don't leave and then I don't have to deal with that." She said. "Well I won't bully you for liking it in here." I said. "You're really nice Damien." She said and put her head on my shoulder. I tensed up a bit not understanding how she was touching me without going through me or anything. She was ice cold though.

After a minute or two she lifted her head and planted a small kiss on my cheek and then got up and ran to a different isle. I got up and followed herc to see her missing again. I sighed but smiled. Maybe I'll see her another day. I thought to myself as I walked out of the library.

I saw this prompt somewhere and I absolutely loved it. So yeah here is this. I hope you liked it to the people who requested Damien x Courtney. And to the people who didn't request it but enjoyed it.

More one shots are on the way. schools been a bitch and its only been a week and I'm sick. But once I balance everything know that I will get those out to you lovelies.

Today's question is.....
Unicorns, vampires, ghosts, or aliens. (You can choose two if you'd like)

I'd go with vampires and ghosts. I like the idea of being/dating a vampire (i know call me bella) and like I have a reoccurring dream where I get possessed by a ghost and kill everyone and I want that dream to be a reality (I'm joking.....maybe)

Ok goodbye👋❤️